Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help....S-O-S .-.-.-.-.-.-.- in distress!

The ATA Field Coordinator's office seems to be foundering.

I recently had a TS discussion with Barry Roach, ATA Field Coordinator, and it seems he is convinced that registered targets were thrown at the Grand in Sparta before the Cardinal Center.

SOS....SOS....someone please help Mr. Roach. SOS...SOS

Mr. Roach's rude insistence and silly remarks on the thread titled "Good Luck Mr Roach...but" has prompted me get someone to assist him in difficult tasks such as reading. Knowledge of how to read a Trap and Field would be helpful. Even better we need someone that could assist Mr. Roach by using the shooter information center. SOS Someone help quick!

SOS....SOS Is there someone out there in ATA land or that can walk over to the ATA office and get information for Mr. Roach?

It seems his office is unable to coordinate with the ATA thus far.

SOS PLEASE HELP!

Does anyone know where the Field Coordinator is? If anyone has a Mr. Roach sighting please contact the OSTA.

This ship may be lost soon!

SOS SOS

·
Registered
229 Posts
niagara, give it a break man. You are starting to sound like the departed Dr Longshot. By chance, are you two blood related?

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Certainly we all know this is just in fun...but Mr. Roach's pointed jabs along with his pals name-calling on the Good Luck Mr. Roach thread wasn't so friendly.

Maybe in the future the ATA Field Coordinator will use better judgement by getting the facts first....or not.

So Mr. Roach...which came first "registered targets at the cardinal" or the first grand shoot in Sparta?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Perhaps the pertinent question, Niagara, is which came first, the Grand in Sparta or the Grand at the Cardinal center.

I'm surprised this thread has progressed this far without you shilling your $29.95 room special!

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
Niagara you made the following statement.

"They were throwing registered targets at the Cardinal Center before the shoot in Illinois."

MR Roach then asked you,

"Well... if you know then you obviously know when the first registered shots were fired at both venues .. let us know."

Now you are putting out this crap,

"Mr. Roach's rude insistence and silly remarks on the thread titled "Good Luck Mr Roach...but" has prompted me get someone to assist him in difficult tasks such as reading."

There was no "rude insistence" he simply asked you to do something for all who are reading your crap. You know those that don't know the answer to your so called "FACTS"

You have now started a thread that is an out and out attack on Mr. Roach, for no apparent reason I might add. The CC may have been shooting registered targets before Sparta.

So please explain what that means the CC was not a completed facility in 2006 at least that is the way it appears below.

ivanhoe_2008_030347.jpg

Or maybe you have more knowledge of this than the rest of us. If so would you please enlighten the rest of us instead of engaging in this senseless attack

Bob Lawless

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Non shooter Bob,

I am glad you had time from being a busy-body to show up. How is your shooting coming along?

The post that you intentionally left out was when I asked our uninformed ATA Field Coordinator if he really thought there wasn't going to be a similar facility built in the area.

I notice you didn't post any of the name calling on the thread.

The question was asked because we were talking about it being a supply and demand issue. You understand that don't you? You left that part out? Go figure. What is happening across the street?

You are the one on the attack.

Thanks for the pictures. They will help Barry figure things out. Barry said they were shooting at the Grand before the place shown above even existed. Oops you missed that too.

You added nothing and you can go back to doing nothing.

Thanks for your view.

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ivan,

Please also understand....

The facility is still not completed. It grows every year. Isn't that what we want.

Thanks again for trying to bail Barry out. Someone needed to answer the SOS.

Thanks for your view.

·
Vendor
19,403 Posts
I get a distinct feeling that niagara (sp) is about to be "longshoted". The site moderators do not appreciate having trap shooting denigrated repetitively.

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I guess we can agree that.....

The Ohio State Trapshooting Association was throwing registered targets at the Cardinal Center before the Grand was throwing targets in Sparta.

We can also agree that many of the above hate that. This is about big money. Not necessarily always about trapshooting.

It is back to the original statement....how many people really thought a similar site wasn't going to be built in the heartland of trapshooting? Someone was going to do it. It is about supply and demand.

The ATA needs the funds generated from the Cardinal Center. The ATA needs the CC to grow its membership.

It is unfortunate that the thought of this place angers many.

The ATA recently entered into a huge lease agreement with a gun hate state. They did this despite considering the supply and demand for their product at that site. Isn't that what the survey said?

Thanks for your view.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I think that if the Grand hadn't moved from the aged, crumbling facilities & away from the aging shooter base, it would have an attendance about half of what it is now.

I'm sure that the Sparta move caused an increase in attendance & saved the Grand. Thanks to the ATA for making it happen!

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
"The ATA recently entered into a huge lease agreement with a gun hate state. They did this despite considering the supply and demand for their product at that site. Isn't that what the survey said?"

Well while we are on the call for facts. Name me one incident of ILL politics (anti-gun) that has effected any shooter at the Grand?????

"I am glad you had time from being a busy-body to show up. How is your shooting coming along?"

Understand something my reasons for not shooting are none of your business. Let alone a topic of discussion for you and your poison pen responses. You and a few others on this site seem to feel you have a right to tell me what is best for me. You also think I am not entitled to an opinion. Well as long as my dues are paid and I am contributing in other ways I do have a right to my opinion and I will continue to voice my opinion.

Of I suppose according to you this is also an attack. Something we all can see you never do!!!! RIGHT!!!!!

Bob Lawless

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bob,

What does your non-participation mean to me you ask?

I might not agree with many of the posters above but I know they have something at stake. The rules we make, the venues we chose affect them. The lease agreements affect them. If we change target presentation....it again affects those above. I doubt a reduction is going to affect your shooting. Those above have something at stake other than seeing their name in the thread.

I am not saying you are not entitled to your opinion. Post away. I want you to be aware that I know that these discussions don't affect your shooting. I understand you are bored. I get it.

I know 870 and Hunter44 are shooters. I don't care for many of their posts but their posts affect their shooting.

Thanks for your view.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
We can only hope that this latest incarnation of the oft booted and banned niagara, is soon to follow his preceding handles into the vapor.

I always told my kids... If you make a mistake, that's just being human...if you do it twice, you're an idiot.

Regards,

Chip

1 - 20 of 22 Posts