Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Son

My 14 year old son's Northern Kentucky Scholastic Trap group was having a Big 50 registered ATA event tonight and in his first round he ran his first ever 25 straight. He came off the line with a huge smile on his face that was priceless. After getting into trap shooting last year, he's been close a couple times but tonight was his first. Thanks to Coach Dennis Menning for running a great program and providing such great instruction.

I guess I need to get more practice so I can get my first. :)

Mike Kamer

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

Congratulations to your son !

I remember how proud I was when my son broke his first 25 Straight.

What a feeling.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
That is great Mike.

Like you I have many great memories shooting with my sons. Now that they are off and busy with college and life in general, we don't get to do it as often.

Enjoy,

Guy Babin

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Great shooting! You should get him a 25 straight patch, the gun club may have some, if not they can get some or you can usually find someon ebay. Congratulations. John

·
Registered
112 Posts
I started shooting with my dad when I was 12. Did it for 2 years or so and stopped for 22 years. I just started shooting again last year and shot my first 25 at 34 years of age. I actually giggled. Congratulations to your son.

Chris

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. One of the coaches presented him with an ATA 25 Straight patch right on the spot. The smile never left his face all night. They didn't shoot his hat but I'm actually glad about that because he was wearing his brand new Browning hat that has become his favorite. :)

Mike Kamer

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
I have a supply of Federal patches, if you think he wants one.

The Federal Rep live here and drop some in my lap from time-to-time.

Use e-mail, not PM.

Whiz

·
Registered
14 Posts
at age 15 I came home one Saturday after trap practice and told my dad I had shot a 22 for the first time. He said he would buy me a new trap gun when I shot a 25 in a league shoot. So I shot my 25 the very next day and my dad bought me a new 870TB.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
You have to have your hat shot. That just the way of trapshooting. You are being cheated if they don't. LOL If I was there your hat would have been shot.

One time a guy did get his first 25 and I just smiled walked up to him and took his hat. Put two targets in it and 6 shooter lined up. The poor guy had no idea waht was going to happen. I threw it up in the air and boom. He did have a good laugh over it once he understood what was going on and wore his hat proudly. Even with all the holes in it. LOL He later said it was his good hat.

·
Registered
438 Posts
A big congrats to Brennan!! I know he has been working on that 25 with great passion. There is no doubt in my mind that he will have plenty more to come.

As a Coach we just hang the bait out there and they do all the work!!

Dennis Menning

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
Mike, A big Congrats here to your son!!! I do think he needs his HAT SHOT though!!! Yes, he has his patch, but that "hat is a trophy"!!! Don't forget to bring a extra hat to the club for his first 50 strait if you don't want his nice one shot. Just leave that one in the car/truck/suv you drive to the shoots. LOL. break em all Jeff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.