Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son Adam shot his first 100 straight the the SCTP state shoot this weekend. Wow was I nervous. This 14 year old young man has been in a slump for a month. His best score to date has been 50 straight. He walked out onto the field and crushed 100 targets. Before he walked out I told him to shoot them one at a time a hundred times.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
You should be proud. Way to go to your son and you for supporting him. I bet this is one of many to come.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Good for him and many more to come.

I'd bet Dad was more nervous than Adam.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
The first one is the hardest, I'm sure there will be many more to come! This puts coach/dad in a new position, don't put the pressure on him to repeat, just be supportive and it WILL happen again. Congratulations!
Mrs. Leo Harrison III

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I told him that you can't always run 100's but you step out on the line to try. Thanks for all the congrats.

Jim

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
He may not break 100 every time, but he needs to have the attitude that EVERY time he takes the line, it could be his day to win. If you don't plan on winning, don't waste your bullets, but always be a gracious "also run".

·
Registered
313 Posts
Congratulations to him! That is some great shooting. My son did his first 100 straight at an SCTP shoot last month. I know what you mean about being nervous. So glad to hear of other youngsters shooting great scores and having the right support from parents.

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Ya'll better mortgage the farm. The Trap Juggernaut has an unsayable appetite. :1:

:five01: give him one of these for me!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts