Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Scott Air Force Base in Illinois had trap, skeet and golf. They closed the trap and skeet fields 8 years ago. Golf course is still there though.
When I was stationed at Scott in the late 60s, I didn’t know what Trap or Skeet were, spent time at the rifle and pistol ranges.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Lots of old time Downers Grove members shot at EMD,including GAH winner Herman Welch. I believe it closed in the late 70s/early 80s, but don’t know for sure. I shot skeet at Ft. Riley when my son was a Lt. and also at Ft Bragg when there was only a skeet field next to a rifle range.
Good reading Downers Grove moved to Morris,IL.

·
Premium Member
Brownings
1,003 Posts
The Red Chute Shotgun Sports Club still has trap shoots at Barksdale AFB, in the Bossier City / Shreveport LA location.

·
Premium Member
14,068 Posts
This is what is happen at Red Lion Road in NE Philly. This was the site of a WWII aircraft factory prior to the rail car factory.

View attachment 1784671

Is that the old Bud Company property??

I believe it is at Grant & Frankford...

If so, it became the Frankford/Torresdale Country Club - which had two trap fields. The Union League now owns it and I heard they added two more fields...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Is that the old Bud Company property??

I believe it is at Grant & Frankford...
Yes, the railcar plant (See post #10) is in my post. The site you’re thinking of was part of the truck division, remember “Budd Split Rims” for heavy trucks?

·
Registered
99 Posts
CNH-CASE/NEW HOLLAND used to have a Trap range on their property right on Lake Michigan shore in Racine,WI.
I also belong to WE Energies Sports Club and we had a 2 House trap range,pistol range and a 100 yard rifle range right on the Power Plant grounds. No longer there, when the plant expanded they shut it down.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I belong to quite a few different FB groups, one of which is one guy who is converting General Motors Electro Motive Division negatives into digital pictures. EMD was the branch of GM that made locomotives. So yea...I'm a train geek.

This is one from 1939 at a EMD plant. They had a trap range installed behind the plant! It looks like they have two separate fields that are sort of attached but facing different directions.

View attachment 1784658
That’s a beautiful sky. When clouds looked natural.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Some companies used had Trap ranges on their property. A tire plant in Union City TN., when the plant was Goodyear , had their own trap range.
The Goodyear plant near me in Oklahoma has a trap range for employees. I haven’t been on it, but a friend shoots there twice a week.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts