Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading about the cold snap over there in the USA I thought I might post a picture or 2 that my buddy took this evening at our home club here in Australia- Majura Park Gun Club.
We have had 105 degrees today an predict 107 for tomorrow.
It's now midnight and it's still 85!

Hope this melts the snow a little for you!
aussiedan_2011_06123.jpg

aussiedan_2011_06124.jpg

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow that snow looks colder than a mother in laws kiss!!!

Scott Johnson- it's my MX2005 Sc2.

Don- depends on the competition- but a round of practice is $8 per 25,
Our club competitions are usually $17 per 25 and major comps are sometimes up to $30 per 25!

aussiedan_2011_06126.jpg

aussiedan_2011_06127.jpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
HI Dan If you think that is hot you should be here today Adelaide, South Australia,it is going to be 46C =115F lo last night 30C= 85F it is 10am and is 38C =100F has been over 40C=104f for last 3 days hope it makes all you guys in the mid west feel a bit warmer at your below freezing temps.
Cheers from down under,
Stubbie

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Just because I'm cheap but what do you guys do for a living to afford that? I'm just a little old mechanic here in the old USA.

Steve

·
Registered
399 Posts
Dan, What do ranges charge per clay in your neck of the woods? Are "not for profit" or co-operative clubs common?

I'm most likely to head for SA or VIC and there almost all of the ranges with a website are pretty coy about what they charge. I think Melbourne Gun Club was something like 80c per clay, which is a bit stiff to put it mildly! I found another range west of Melbourne with an Olympic Trap layout that charged ~30c/clay as I recall. Several smaller clubs seem to be owned by or run for the benefit of the members rather than full-on commercial enterprises.

Andrew.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Andrew- the practice rate is $8 per 25- so 32c a target.
5 stand is $11 per round which covers the exotic targets and range setup fees.

It's hard to say most clubs need to make money to upkeep the range, equipment.

I know for a fact it cost a club 18 cents per clay to buy a white flyer target, that doesn't leave much margin to throw it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Dan, Thanks! Sorry too - I just noticed someone else asked the same question.

Here practice is typically 30p / clay (about 55c at the current exchange rate) and it's that for all disciplines pretty much. Unfortunately , the reduction in target costs will probably be the same ratio as my reduction in income!

I just got lucky here in that there are three OT layouts within easyish driving time. At first glance there didn't seem to be many OT layouts in Oz, but digging around a bit and one stumbles across OT layouts in unlikely places.

It's not the heat that bothers or attracts me, it's the better light I'm really looking forward too. Often here it's so gloomy I can't see the fast targets. Summer is quite literally like turning on a light!

Andrew.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes Andrew there are a few clubs here with ISSF, even a couple that have held World Cup events.

Our ISSF nationals are on in Perth starting this weekend actually!

·
Premium Member
18,761 Posts
I saw on the news yesterday and today that is it is so hot , the Austrailian Open Teenis Match has been slowed down by heat. On the court, it was reported to be 109 deg. yesterday, and 111 deg. today. Now that is hot.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts