Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share an experience in case someone runs into something similar in the future.
I have a K80 prosporter bought in 2015. I perhaps shot 10k rounds through it already. All of a sudden my trigger would not pull as if the safety were engaged. I removed the stock and looked inside the receiver and saw 2 or 3 slivers of wood from inside the stock that had wedged itself in the hammer mechanism preventing the trigger from interacting with the sear. I cleared out the obstruction and it appeared to be 100%. Anyone experience something similar on their K80s were the trigger appeared to seize up for this or any other reason?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes, 2 seasons ago a piece of shot found its way into my receiver. The gun would shoot, then it wouldn't, then it would. Could't figure out what was going on. A friend at the range pulled the buttstock and gave the receiver a good shaking and out dropped this decrepit, oxidized piece of shot. Problem solved.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I ain't saying this happened; all I'm saying is, it could have happened:

Sometimes - No - a LOT of times - a dealer will get a request for a particular configured gun. He will swap wood to fill that order. So, it could have happened after the gun left Krieghoff. Not saying it did; just saying it could have.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Not uncommon at all. Wood commonly splinters off the "lands" or small strips of wood which go along both sides of the inside of the stock where it marries up to the receiver.

When I bought my first K80, it happened within 2 weeks, only the 1st time shooting it actually. Made me wonder if that was why I got such a good deal on the gun. For me, the wood splinter was preventing the trigger from returning all the way forward. As most K80 shooters know, this prevents the gun for opening! I just thought I bought a lemon.

Since that happened, I have removed splinters of wood from 2 other K80s, both owned by friends, which would not open.

That K80 trigger design was really something to be excited about back in the 80s, but it's really sad compared to Perazzi and Kolar triggers these days!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting, this is my second K80 and this is the first trigger issue I've had. The only issue I've come across that seems to affect most K80 owners are stubbornly loose forends that constantly need to be tightened

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
seems they never figured that issue out on loose forends.
i see tons of ruined forearms on 32's where the loose movement whacks out the chip in front of the front forearm estutchion.(sp)
mine was ruined and replaced when i got it in. seems to be the weak link in the 32 design.
after every shoot i must tighten my f.a. screws.
if it loosens, it cracks. if you over tighten, it cracks. lose/lose.
youd think after 80 years theyd figure it out.

only question i have about splinters is why hasnt any of my 3200 or citoris had this issue?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts