Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 34” unsingle 0.031/34” Wilkinson o/u with a prosoft
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a smith or stock maker who makes wood spacers for MX2000 unsingles. I had a prosoft made and the original wood doesn’t match the beautiful forend well. I asked Phil and he said he won’t do it because they’re made on CNC machines because they need to be precise.

I just want the wood to match from a similar piece of Turkish. If not, not the end of the world.

thanks in advance.

· Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I’d find a local wood shop and take them the samples you need duplicated. I once saw a gentleman that had painted his spacers black and the overall look of his gun was great. One more option for you that would be very inexpensive to do. Good luck and good shooting, Rey

· Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 34” unsingle 0.031/34” Wilkinson o/u with a prosoft
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d find a local wood shop and take them the samples you need duplicated. I once saw a gentleman that had painted his spacers black and the overall look of his gun was great. One more option for you that would be very inexpensive to do. Good luck and good shooting, Rey
I would far prefer the current wood color over black. Also, I don’t know any local wood shops that carry Turkish in the grade I have.

· Registered
15,232 Posts
If the person that made your custom stock won't make you the matching pieces because they lack the ability, I doubt any other stock maker will have that ability. Your only bet would likely be to contact Perazzi and see what they have, it's such an incredibly tiny market I doubt anyone has ever bothered to setup to make them.

· Registered
8,719 Posts
I had the same issues (at least I thought they were) on two of the barrels at one time, I was surprised how little one will notice if the spacers are the same black color as the barrel & rib.

You see, in general, people don't expect to see two pieces of wood sandwiched around barrel/rib when they're only visible if looking from above the gun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.