Trapshooters Forum banner

Somebody is selling an expensive paperweight on FleaBay.

2559 18
Saw this on FleaBay, 870 Competition barrel and piston assembly.
I bid on it when it was around $50 just to get the recoil weight and parts, I don't know what anybody would do with a cut down Competition barrel with no choke in it.You could buy new recoil parts from Numrich for the amount the bidding is at this morning.

Reactions: acorange
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
4,775 Posts
Reminds me of the pawn shop find on Gun Broker awhile back.
Broadway Superposed with cut down barrels to about 20".
That is a crime punishable by death, the perpetrator should be "Drawn and Quartered"

· Registered
4,685 Posts
Whys that? Choke dictates the pattern not barrel length. Velocity is off just a little. Sighting radius and weight ballance might be the only downside. Sometimes over the years Ive wondered if we use long barrels just because that what has always been used???
Have you ever patterned a cylinder bore shotgun? That barrel came from the factory with the finest choke that Remington may have ever produced and now it is a single shot house gun.

· Registered
1,675 Posts
That barrel never had a choke tube.
Have you ever patterned a cylinder bore shotgun? That barrel came from the factory with the finest choke that Remington may have ever produced and now it is a single shot house gun.
As a matter of fact I have. I used Teauge super extended chokes in my MX8. True Cylinder and Skeet chokes with #7 steel shot were my Quail and Dove setup. It may have come with the best choke Remington ever made but how do you know it never had work done to it?

Its not like its cut at 18". Now its a 26" 870 barrel. Sight radius is almost as long a s a 30" O/U barrel. Rechoke it and its a great barrel.

Eye Cosmetics Eye shadow Material property Font

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.