Trapshooters Forum banner

Some Guidance about Stock Lock on TM1

1033 2
I need to remove the stock from my TM1. I got the pad off and the actual Stock Lock mechanism.

The pistol grip is firmly attached to the receiver. I've loosened the hex bolt and the receiver doesn't budge.

I've sent an email to Pat McCarthy and haven't heard back yet.

In the meantime, would someone here be able to guide me in separating the grip from the receiver?

I'd like to send the receiver off for some work and not have to pay the shipping on more than necessary.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
Connecticut g1, 12 gauge, 30 inch
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I need to remove the stock from my TM1. I got the pad off and the actual Stock Lock mechanism.

The pistol grip is firmly attached to the receiver. I've loosened the hex bolt and the receiver doesn't budge.

I've sent an email to Pat McCarthy and haven't heard back yet.

In the meantime, would someone here be able to guide me in separating the grip from the receiver?

I'd like to send the receiver off for some work and not have to pay the shipping on more than necessary.
Pat called and gave me one tip.
It worked perfectly.
The receiver and grip are now seperated.

· Registered
2,246 Posts
Pat called and gave me one tip.
It worked perfectly.
The receiver and grip are now seperated.
If bolt is removed, tap the receiver gently on a padded work bench and the receiver should come loose. Same works for removing the forearm metal after the 2 bolts (?) in the forearm front are removed. DO NOT take the little ears out. REAL BITCH to put them back in!!! Trust me on this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.