Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was out this morning doing some painting of my patio roof when the ladder gives way sending me flying and hitting my shoulder hard on the concrete. So wife runs me to the ER, and being it’s the only one here, everybody tend to know everyone. Well, the receptionist says to me, “what you had a painting accident”? I say sh=t your wasting your talents of observation here, actually “this is my salute to Pablo stinkin Picasso”! They send me in, and the first nurse in back says to my wife, "weren’t you just hear two weeks ago because you gave your husband a concussion"? My wife is pretty annoyed, says nothing. As I am covered with paint the 2nd nurse starts to ask me to undress and how it happened, where does it hurt etc., then tells my wife, "you got to take it easy on your husband sista, he’s no spring chicken you know". Spouse is boiling now, and then doctor walks in sees me covered with paint, screams laughing, and walks out. Tries again to come back in and can’t control himself, so another doctor comes in, and wouldn’t you know it’s the guy who treated my busted ribs some months ago. He tells my wife. "you can’t keep doing these things you’re going to kill him". I tell the doctor "you guys are going to kill me if you don't shut the hell up". Wife is livid. and walks out. So, got fractured collar bone, they give me some painkillers, blah blah we head home. As soon as we clear the parking lot, the wife clocks me one, and starts screaming about my being an illegitimate child, and my preference for sex with mothers etc. She proceeds to scream at me while crying mind you, about me making her out to be the abusive wife, and how embarrassing it was and I’m so inconsiderate. I don’t say anything. So, I reach home and settle in, then there is a knock on the door and it’s my neighbor holding a bottle of scotch, He saw me come home with the wife and had seen the paint and mess earlier and assumed she and I had fight, and I went to the ER. He says to me, “you probably need this right about now”. Wife hears this, screams at me that I prefer men’s sexual organs orally and that I should fornicate myself, screams some more slams the bedroom door and tells me to go sleep with the dog. All I wanted was to just paint the fricken roof. I should have just stayed in bed Some situations are so ridiculous they just defy explanations. So best to shut the hell up, and ride it out. At least I got a bottle of scotch to keep me warm and kill the pain, at least for tonight.

Aloha (barely)

·
Premium Member
5,266 Posts
If you really want to end the day on a perfect note, call the sister in law and get some sympathy from her. Yep, that ought to just about put you out of your misery!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Jeeze....what the hell are you keeping her around for? Her Sista be your better bet....even though you may be bruised. Sista likes you, eh? Dog does too? You be golden soon, older too.

Ernie

·
Premium Member
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ladder broke,guess it is not rated for fat f=cks like me, sh=t happens. As Curly from the Three Stooges said,: "I'm a victim of circumstances" Wife is alright when not pissed, and besides I like my stuff, and the prospect of somebody sawing my MX 8 in half is scary. As for sister in law, sh-t life is tough enough! Don't need to grab a cobra to know it is going to cost you big time. No need to give everyone a reason to rocket me to the graveyard. Be like eating something sweet when you know you got a bad tooth! Gotta siesta now been a long day meds kickin in.
Aloha

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I sure don't think it would be safe to drive in a car with you. Probably not safe to stand near you either. How do you like your MX8? Thinking of maybe buying one.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Sorry to hear that you got hurt. There have been many days that I also felt that I should have stayed in bed. Recently I needed to purchase a new ladder. I saw an ad in the paper from Ace hardware and the salesman took one look at me and said this ladder will never hold you so I hired someone to do the work that I needed done.
Get well soon,
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Premium Member
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Dandy, My opinion is they are beautiful works of art and function a real pleasure to use and experience, and seem to come alive in my hands when I use it. I got mine many moons ago, and would not spend that kind of dough again today. It has however been my unfortunate experience(don't ask) that it's not the hammer, but the workman that makes the difference. If you are serious, and or can afford it, you won't have any regrets. But if it is only a whim, or that you think it will transform you magically, or it's going to be a big sacrifice, I'd pass. You can do better for yourself by work on your skills, and lots of practice for a better return and personal satisfaction. Again, I'm not a hot shot pro, so maybe not the best source to ask. I'm only a guy with a love for fine firearms, and like to make the little round things go poof, and have the ability to indulge himself. The years have taught me that it is after all a thing, like many other things, and to take it in stride and not a be all end all. I hope my answer does not disappoint or offend you, or anyone else. I have found the need to keep things in perspective, as life unceremoniously and very painfully reminded me today that a new 75 dollar ladder would have improved my quality of life, much more than a shiny new shotgun, or playing "Hide the Salami" with my Sister in Law. Here is her picture for your contemplation and reflection on the matter ( sorry nobody gets the bikini photo but me). Perhaps I might have spoken a little hasty, as the painkillers are working petty good now. and she does has that devilish smile and personality. Maybe another look at that skimpy bikini photo is in order?
Aloha
images.jpg

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I had regular aluminum ladders. This spring I bought one of the new style folding/extension ladders with the wide (flared) base and top. Can use it as a step ladder or extension ladder. Well worth the extra money. Much more stable and safe. The MX8 is used and would be a doubles gun only. I learned a long time ago that the higher the purchase price does not mean higher the level of success.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Apparently you don't follow your basic, man versus woman law.

The one of that I speak of and believe in.

Anything inside the curb is woman's work!

If you'd have followed that basic law, likely you wouldn't have gotten injured.

Of course, most women won't follow that basic law either...........but we try!

Hauxfan!

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
My god man I don't know whether to laugh or cry (I think I'm doing both at the same time - I know my coffee went everywhere), or to come there and smack you up-side the head. Someone (besides your wife) needs knock some sense into you...

Be well

Food for thought:

14233211_1231720906878935_1693303900916388326_n.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Aloha one,

A question for you... Is the sister-in-law married??

I could fly out there and 'otherwise occupy her time' so she is no longer an imminent threat to your health and safety...

·
Premium Member
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's the voices, I try not to listen but ......... well being that like most men in that I'm such pond scum when it comes to beautiful woman, it's hard to change. And as related, did not make to much difference yesterday in the results I got. Might as well have been "reading" Remdog's posts, at least I would have gotten some joy outta it instead of a coat of paint, a broken a=s and ladder, a free ride to the ER, and all the pain. Miss you Remdog,(sob) P. S. I like all my stuff, and am unwilling to part with half of it for peace an quiet, or some pretty skirt (?), so I'll sit here playing with my toys until the meteor comes and ends it all.
Aloha

·
Premium Member
18,257 Posts
aloha--- Damn, LOL, I had to get a new keyboard. You have more hell than a one legged man in an ass-kicking. Hang in there, you'll make it.

Reactions: aloha one
1 - 20 of 27 Posts