Trapshooters Forum banner

Some 2020 Waterfowl Season Pics

1173 11
Had an amazing 2020 season right from the beginning with spring snows to fall ducks and mixed geese. We had our best season to date with limit shoots of specks like we never experienced before. The speck shooting has just continued to get better each year and the lesser Canadas are so abundant it is hard to imagine at times. Can't wait for the snows to get back and kick off the 2021 season!
Sky Natural landscape Freezing Horizon Landscape
Bird Vertebrate Organism Mammal Beak
Sky Vertebrate People in nature Cotton Mammal
Hunting Sky Ecoregion Water Cargo pants
Vehicle Beak Tire Feather Wing
Plant Plant community Hunting Sky Grass
Water Hunting Military camouflage Wild turkey Plant
Ecoregion Bird Water Beak Plant
Military camouflage Plant Marines Grass Adaptation
Water Sky Water resources Plant Natural landscape
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
Perazzi TMS/Browning Recoilless
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a good lifetime for most of us! What’s your go-to ammunition?
I shoot a 20ga SX3 and generally shoot Federal Speed Shok in 2 3/4" #4 steel or Herters 3" 7/8oz # 2 shot. To be honest they are the least expensive options available locally and our shooting is tight over decoys at under 30 yards generally. If I can get it at a decent price Kent Fasteel 3" 7/8oz 2's are my fave. They will stone geese dead out to 40-45 yds through my 20ga. I never change chokes, I leave the factory supplied IC choke in it for everything. It might be rusted in by now! LOL

· Registered
Perazzi TMS/Browning Recoilless
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Forgot to ask, are the specks really better to eat than Canada's?
Yes they sure are. They have a texture very similar to beef and have a very pleasant mild flavour. They are great in a stir fry, roasted or in a meat pie. We use the big giant canadas for jerky both ground and whole muscle. Lesser Canadas and Snows we use for smoked snack sticks, ground jerky and slow cooker recipes such as pulled goose. Sandhill cranes we slice thin, wrap in bacon and throw them on the bbq for appetizers. My wife doesn't care for eating the ducks so I keep a few for myself and give the rest to a few friends who really like them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.