Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 8 lb jug of solo1000 from a friend . Have never used it . Looks to be same class as my current Red dot . According to bushing charts it appears to be a denser powder. I am using Cb1118 wads and 17.6 grain Red dot now 1 1/8 oz shot in rem hull . Will I need to change wads to get proper crimp?

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
I looked at the bushing chart and the powder appears to be the same density as Clays, which is just a bit more dense than Red Dot. I don't think it will cause much, if any, dishing in the crimps.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I called the plant in MT. and they said they are waiting for a shipment....That was 4 yrs. ago..

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Just got a 8 lb jug of solo1000 from a friend . Have never used it . Looks to be same class as my current Red dot . According to bushing charts it appears to be a denser powder. I am using Cb1118 wads and 17.6 grain Red dot now 1 1/8 oz shot in rem hull . Will I need to change wads to get proper crimp?
http://www.accuratepowder.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/BushingData-Solo100.pdf

Scroll to pages 98 and 99, of the manual, and you'll find some data, for STS hulls with CB-1118 wads:

http://www.accuratepowder.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/WPHandloading-Guide-7.0-Web-REV.pdf

Nice find, no wonder you're a happyshooter.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
7A78E7EB-F34D-4D81-BDB0-77E4F08ABF20.jpeg

Not sure how old it is . Might be fairly old the phone # to western powders is not an 800# also received about 6lb of 700x in the old steel keg . So I am guessing it is quite old . Both powders smell fine . Looking forward to shooting this powders.

·
Registered
471 Posts
19.0 grains in a STS or Nitro 27 hull with Windjammer Wad 1 1/8 oz shot and a Cheddite primer will get you 1180 fps and the softest shooting shell you will find ever and its a target crusher!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I have one 25 pounder left of the classic composition. It's all I shot for years. If I remember right its burn rate is somewhere around green dot. Be aware they changed the manufacturers and burn rates several times. If you call accurate I've found them very helpful. I'm sure they can help you out.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I don't remember exactly , but sometime before 2010, with some suppliers selling in stock supplies after. I used to buy it in a cardboard drum which contained 16.5 lbs of Solo 1000, still have a couple of empty ones in the garage.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Last batches of Solo 1000 were made in and imported from Spain...The last 3 batches didn't pass inspection here in the states and were refused. That is the last I heard of Solo 1000

·
Registered
342 Posts
I believe solo 1000 and solo 1250 were first introduced in the late 80's or early 90's by Scot powders. just going on memory.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts