Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top of the morning my forum friends!

Let me start by saying I'm not recoil sensitive but have experimented with different means of reduction such as Stock Lock, Gracoil and light loads/10z loads because I do understand the cumulative effects outside of physical discomfort and it's affects on focus and stamina.

I recently started shooting a Cesar Guerini Summit combo and find myself enjoying it immensely. In the short time I've had it, I've noticed a difference in recoil (in a good way) but what baffles me is it's not any more or less than what I'm used to. But it is most certainly different.

What I'm attempting to describe is much more of a solid feeling, sorta like it runs through my whole body as an extension of the shot. There's no jump to the gun, no punch to the face/shoulder, just a good "solid shove" feeling - that everything is in sync.

I guess my question is....am I describing felt recoil from a gun that actually fits?

·
What squad am I on?
7,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your beard is longer adn absorbing the bashing
Nice try...been using the same trimmer for over 20 years. Thanks for the chuckle though ;)

·
Well known trouble maker
3,123 Posts
What I'm attempting to describe is much more of a solid feeling, sorta like it runs through my whole body as an extension . There's just a good "solid shove" feeling.

I guess my question is....am I describing felt recoil from a gun that actually fits?

No.

You are describing sex, something that Jack and Tron have little to no expertise and you should ignore their comments.

·
What squad am I on?
7,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You built up a layer of fat from living in lockdown conditions.
Actually, I've dropped a couple pounds from the routine changes. Less beer, more water would be my guess. Seems that working from home has lowered my stress level to the point that I don't have to pass out in order to get some rest.
No.

You are describing sex, something that Jack and Tron have little to no expertise and you should ignore their comments.
Best burn I've seen here in a Looooonnnngg time, well done!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
You've got your pitch right on. By luck most likely. It happens, that's why it's good to try lots of guns, Sometimes one just works for you. ERGO: The correct pitch most likely gives you that good feeling of the gun not jumping around. You're lucky.

·
What squad am I on?
7,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You've got your pitch right on. By luck most likely. It happens, that's why it's good to try lots of guns, Sometimes one just works for you. ERGO: The correct pitch most likely gives you that good feeling of the gun not jumping around. You're lucky.
You may be right, I see the target and pull the trigger and it's just like "choom". Nothing slows down, speeds up, sight picture doesn't change, no barrel streaks across the sky, just a smooth solid feeling. Breaks are more centered, smoke is common, more common than chunks.

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Top of the morning my forum friends!

Let me start by saying I'm not recoil sensitive but have experimented with different means of reduction such as Stock Lock, Gracoil and light loads/10z loads because I do understand the cumulative effects outside of physical discomfort and it's affects on focus and stamina.

I recently started shooting a Cesar Guerini Summit combo and find myself enjoying it immensely. In the short time I've had it, I've noticed a difference in recoil (in a good way) but what baffles me is it's not any more or less than what I'm used to. But it is most certainly different.

What I'm attempting to describe is much more of a solid feeling, sorta like it runs through my whole body as an extension of the shot. There's no jump to the gun, no punch to the face/shoulder, just a good "solid shove" feeling - that everything is in sync.

Ain't you ever had a woman?

Your experiencing love.

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
Oh I've had a few, but only been had once. Ain't happening again.
You've done it to yourself now.LoL

For most male adults, guns and women are similar. Intially you think you can't live without them. But then reality sets in! But then one day you'll find that special one you'll never want to not have by your side.

Good luck on both venues.

PS don't say it'll never happen. Went for six years after a troubling marriage saying the same thing as you are now, then, BAM. This time it's totally different.
Monkeying around here got me hooked.

·
Banned
16,304 Posts
A well fit gun transfers perceived recoil
better than an ill fitting gun that will beat you up.
It is amazing how long it takes us to figure that out. Only through time and experience.

·
What squad am I on?
7,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A well fit gun transfers perceived recoil
better than an ill fitting gun that will beat you up.
It is amazing how long it takes us to figure that out. Only through time and experience.
Time and experience. Agreed. I've shot softer guns but never felt as connected as I do now, even with more recoil...it feels better.

·
Banned
16,304 Posts
I went down the road of hard knocks shotgunning for years. As much as I hate to admit it I am stubborn and not one for change. Stuck with some guns for waaaay tooooo long. Did not really have a knowledgeable mentor that could steer me in the right direction.
Ran into a few that were actually counterproductive.
Finally found the right combination of set up on a particular O/U that I can shoot well and not get fatigued or be recoil sensitive. It’s a great comfort to have the right set up and be super confident with it and know when you falter, it’s just you. Not the mechanical device.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
ya know?
i shoot shotguns because i like being reminded im alive. never could understand people who take up shotgunning, and want it to be like shooting an empty gun.

in your case...all the math and science seems to have come together for you. choooom away.

·
What squad am I on?
7,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Wad, (side note), I’ve been hearing you chat about this new CG combo a lot. What happened to the Zoli??
Zoli: I like the unsingle a lot. Very smooth and allows the higher POI I prefer. Three things stand out which is why I'm not shooting it...
1. It's a heavy gun and I'm not too keen on that. Not that I'm a wimp but it's a little slower than I prefer and seems to take more effort to get on target.
2. The OU barrels are flat. Some will argue this but I run out of comb trying to get the POI up where I want it and have the rib cranked all the way down. I should be able to pound singles targets with my doubles setup and I just can't get the Z there.
3. I caught myself crawling the stock several times after only 50 or so targets. It's weird but my head kept inching forward and I can't seem to find that sweet spot and once it's gone...it's hard to recover.

Important to note, none of this is the fault of the gun. I raved about it but I didn't get enough trigger time in prior to purchase that would have highlighted what I listed above. Live and learn.

CG:
The Guerini is a combination of three years of shooting and figuring out what I do and don't like. Seems to all come together in this gun...
1. Lighter
2. Higher rib therefore a little more heads-up giving me less of a tendency to crawl and allows for a more consistent mount which translates to repeatable moves to the target.

Having said that: I believe the Z is built and put together better than the CG. You can feel the difference in craftsmanship between the two just by picking them up. I hate to say it but I feel the CG is actually a downgrade from the Zoli but I have one because of a little secret....I missed shooting my TT15 and the CG is damn near a spitting image as far as feel and shootability.

And no way will this be my last gun. There's too many to ever say I've found "THE ONE"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts