Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a .38 Special that I haven't handled, much less shot, in years. It is a Model 12-2 Airweight with a 2" pinned barrel that I bought new in 1973, I believe. At most, it had a box of wadcutters through it. The gun is just about flawless with the exception of a spot on the frame to the left of the hammer. The last photo of the gun shows this clearly. This one is $450 shipped to the "lower 48" with a three-day non-firing inspection period.

Thanks for looking.

Ed

·
Registered
25,281 Posts
Nice.

The Model 12 is the sleeper of S&W revolvers. It's a bit larger than the 5-shot J-Frame, and is a 6-shot. Fits larger hands much better.

I still have my old 12-2 with round but. Many years of use and carry wear on it. Used to have a later Model 12 with a square butt. Don't remember if it was a 12-3 or 12-4 (it was when the frame width was increased). I figured the fastest reload for a revolver was a second revolver. Any, still use my 12-2 for CCW quite often.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input, guys. I'm open to offers, so don't be bashful!

Ed

·
Registered
25,281 Posts
Figured that wouldn't last long. Was sorely tempted myself, but money doesn't grow on trees. The new owner is really going to enjoy this gun. It's a classic, and it's one of the best CCW .38 revolvers S&W ever made.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also had the gun listed on the S&W Forum and received offers from posters from both sites at almost the same time (the S&W guy's hit a few minutes earlier). The offer from the S&W poster was $20 higher but it came with a lot of stuck-up, holier-than-thou S&W B.S. It turned me off enough that I elected to take the offer from one of "our guys."

I still have the 629 Classic PP available and will list a 64-5 later this morning.

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.