Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOLD For sale very clean TM1 special 34 inch ,I was told Stan backer did the barrel ,it has 742 bore with 5 Briley thin wall tubes.The stock has 4 way comb .14 3/4 LOP no cast .the comb adjustment holes have been changed from the left to right side . The numbers all match even though the pull trigger is not p4. Lever is way to right ,original blue and finish except the comb which is very nice 2500.00 shipped
mxgunner_2008_030353.jpg

mxgunner_2008_030354.jpg

mxgunner_2008_030355.jpg

mxgunner_2008_030356.jpg

mxgunner_2008_030357.jpg

·
Vendor
19,647 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the earliest few "Special" came out with a fixed trigger location and had the "Special" in front of the TM1 and not behind it.

Specials from Perazzi signaled the conversion from time honored machining techniques to CNC machining. I see little that convinces me that the machining is better, but the parts do seem to interchange better. Therein lies the proof. This all took place back around 1988.

Stan Baker was a barrel smith back then as was Tom Seitz and Eyester. Others too but these 3 seemed to command the attention of shooters. My eyes tell me this gun has been shot little and safe-ed a lot.

·
Vendor
19,647 Posts
Gary. I even love the little filled drill holes on the left hand side of the stock. Gives the gun a patina and a story untold. I love that. Here was a shooter that wanted his gun to be right. Most would just live with it. But not this RH shooter. He wanted the holes on the proper side of the comb. Nice touch.

It is not often you find a 23 year old gun in this condition. If someone wants a productive trap gun, this gun is a value.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
Jack,

I thought the TM-1 "Specials" were factory choked. I see Perazzi TM-1 on the receiver but no, "Special". Or is it written "Special TM-1". Maybe you can elaborate, Jack. Nice gun either way. Jon

·
Vendor
19,647 Posts
Oh, you are RIGHT. I could not read it and assumed it said special. Well the only proof now would be the Europe mfgr code. 87 or prior would not be a Special. Likely this is jsut a 80s TM1.

Still a nice gun and still worth the money

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The gun has perazzi tm1 in gold on the left side and special in gold on the right side serial #80xx.I have seen one other just like it maybe someone had it done,it has taped rib and slim forend like all specials.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.