Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Cardinal has the details on their web site.
Perhaps there will be further changes based on this mornings announcement.

Good to see someone out and shooting.

Its All Good
West

·
Registered
89 Posts
Agreed, here in NJ it's looking like end of May or June. I've heard there is a local clays course open. Owner said he had so many phone calls he just decided to open, I wont be going anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
but in this head scratcher ... aside from one member owned club in downstate NY the only range open for business (trap, skeet, pistol, rifle) is a public park in westchester county. every private club ordered to close but the county owned / run place is open. i'm not complaining but where's the logic in that?! i guess it makes sense in a world where people are wearing surgical masks on the street with no one else around in 20mph winds. as the kinds say ... smh

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ohio has after some flip flopping to allow golf courses to open. Since sporting clays are pretty much golf with shotguns some of the clubs here in Ohio have opened. Went shooting Tuesday and everybody kept a social distance and only one person to a golf cart I did not feel at risk.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Social distancing or not, the only way this virus ends is if everyone stays home and away from anyone except for absolute necessities. People are why this virus spreads. I am classified as an essential worker here in Ontario and my wife is a nurse. We come home we strip and shower before doing ANYTHING. We will not take a chance with our one year old and one on the way.

I believe it is stupid and selfish right now for anyone who believes it is a good idea to be out in public regardless of social distancing. If everyone locks down now for a month this thing will slow right up.....if not I hope you don't end up in the back of a reefer trailer with other bodies like they are doing in New York city. Good for thought people.

Be well and see you what looks like next shooting season.

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
I was able to go out and shoot til yesterday. Florida's Governor has now closed all non-essential businesses statewide. For the last 2 week only Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, and one other county were closed to all non-essential businesses. So now I'll really feel the stress PDQ. I was shooting alone on my own golf cart at sporting clubs 2 county's away. I carried plenty of hand sanitizer. So I felt very safe. All the clubs wiped down the carts after every use, and all had hand sanitizer at the check-out desk for all to use as well. You had to pay with CC. and you ran your own card though the machine. The 6 ft. rule was followed by all who I saw there.

I feel a trip to any grocery store is far more dangerous IMO then going shooting. All shoppers break the 6 ft. rule just passing one another going down every aisleway!!! Then again in every cashier's line to pay for there food!!! Lord only knows how many people have touched that single item you grab (before you grabbed it) and place in your cart. Only to have your cashier touch each of your items, after touching every item from every other customer who bought food through there line before you!!! We have to eat though right!

Just some food for thought!!! Stay safe Y'all. break em all Jeff

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,190 Posts
I didn't miss anything he said !

I DID catch a self-righteous vibe from him...
I don’t think it’s self-righteous so much as intolerance, mostly aimed at those not following the recommendations being put forth for the public.

For example, the patient who came to my office the other day “because they were bored.” Nope. Stay home. Or the old man at the gas station when I stopped to fill up on the way home from work who walked right up to me, not 6 feet away, and said “Can you believe it? The first time I have money and time and nowhere to go.” Nope, stay home.

This is hard for everyone. I know you think he was being self righteous, but the finger isn’t pointed at you necessarily. I read as those who are out and do not need to be out. I’d say it was a little overblown for *anyone* being in public, but most places right now if you go in Public you won’t find everyone being out from essential need.

We all want the same thing. Limiting exposure is part of that. For those who don’t have much choice based on our chosen professions (or circumstance) have to be doubly smart about not being exposed and then spreading.

For what it’s worth...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts