Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Trap Model Beretta SO5, I was to put an adjustable comb on it. I’ve heard both sides of why to do it and why not to do it. This being my first post? What say my fellow trap shooters, the LOP is spot on, just need it to fit my face a bit better. Considering an Adjustable Butt pad also…. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I have a Trap Model Beretta SO5, I was to put an adjustable comb on it. I’ve heard both sides of why to do it and why not to do it. This being my first post? What say my fellow trap shooters, the LOP is spot on, just need it to fit my face a bit better. Considering an Adjustable Butt pad also…. Thoughts?
I really wouldn't mess with an SO5's originality.

If you know a REALLY good stockmaker who doesn't hate you, ask them to make a completely new stock.

They'll hate you afterward because of the complexity of inletting for a hand-made sidelock, but hopefully you'll get the stock first.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
From a purist's perspective, what you are proposing to do would adversely affect the resale potential of your SO5 in the future in my part of the world. If you are planning on keeping the gun then hack away.

·
Registered
840 Posts
If you are going to regularly use it, go for it. Resale value is relative to what you paid for it. If you bought it used for a good price, the comb won’t make a huge difference in resale. If you bought it new, you are going to take a hit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought it used, and at a fair price. It had fixed chokes, I sent the barrels to briley and got some thin walls for it. I plan to keep it forever + 1 and going to start shooting consistently with it

·
Registered
149 Posts
Who buys a gun for its resale value? You buy it because you like it and want to shoot it. I don't see how adding an adjustable comb should adversely affect resale value. If it does not fit, by all means put on an adjustable comb. I would think that it would add value because it would fit anybody. If you want to keep it original, but can't get good consistent scores, then hang it on the wall to show friends your new Beretta that you can't shoot.

·
Registered
29,017 Posts
"I plan to keep it forever." Do you have any idea how many times I've said and heard that line?
They keep it. And keep changing it to suit the latest whim. Until they changed it so much they FUBAR it. Then they find out how good their salesman skills are. Huckstering it to an unsuspecting rube.

Reactions: Tron

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you already modified the barrel. Then you don't need to think about its resale value anymore. Then, I don't see any other reasons to not put a comb on it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
when i was in the business; i installed a comb on a Fabbri. i was a little nervous doing that. the customer said that he was fitted in italy. all he could see was the back of the reciever. he was happy when he could hit something afterward.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I honestly was hoping to see pictures...LOL. would be a shame to cut it up and alter it.... but if it doesn't work for you as is, then you need to make it work.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts