Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
I was at the gun club yesterday and a young guy in his late 30's or early 40's was telling another shooter that he just got his Christmas bonus from work. The other guy said that he once got a bonus of $1,000.00.

When I heard this I said to myself that the largest bonus that I ever received working at the bank was $500.00, and to get $1,000.00 was fantastic.

He then asked the other guy, if you don't mind me asking how much of a bonus did you receive? The guy reach in his wallet and handed him a check and the guy says"$10,000.00", that fantastic.

I was in amazement that a company would give a $10,000.00 Christmas bonus to an employee especially in these economic times.

Anyone ever receive or know someone who got a larger bonus over $10,000.00? That is more money than my first year's salary at the bank when I started working.
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I worked for a musician here in NJ,one year got a brand new Jeep. Same year he paid off the road managers mortgage of 350000.

Doug

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've heard of some getting 4 and 5 figure bonuses. The best I ever did was a ticket for a free turkey at Christmas. Now I work for one of if not the largest communications companies in the world and we receive NO bonus of any type. We used to get a half day off Christmas eve, but not anymore.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
In my younger (more employable) days, I worked for a power company that would give 15% bonuses to all employees. I sure do miss those days .......

LA in MA

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jesse and Noknock1:
LOL.
Steve

One year my brother's employer gave him an actual frozen turkey. It weighed 30+ lbs, and had legs the length of a car visor. It was to big to place it in his sport's car trunk so he placed a seat belt around it and drove it home on the front seat.

That year, my wife and I were having Thanksgiving at our house so he donated the beast to us. We could not find an aluminum pan large enough to place it in and we could not fit it in our oven.

We ended up donating the turkey to St. Joseph's orphanage here in Milwaukee as they had ovens that could accommodate the sob.
Steve

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
What is a bonus? I have given several employees bonuses but I never have gotten one

And in good years they were real good bonuses that I gave out

·
Registered
329 Posts
When the company I work for was owned by the founders family all the employees received bonuses two years in a row. In the area of a few hundred dollars, so it was a nice surprise at the end of the year. They discontinued giving every one bonuses and handed out $50 certificates to shop employees to use at businesses in our area, although the office and management continued to receive bonuses. The company has since been sold and is now part of a large "umbrella" industry and we are way too far down the corporate ladder to see any bonus, ever.

Joe

·
Registered
276 Posts
I give out Christmas bonuses to all of my employees...based on how long they have been with me. Top guy gets 500 bucks cash and down from there.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Many many years ago, I worked for a company that had a wild man as it's president.

One year an air head secretary went to him and asked if it was true that every employee was getting a turkey for Christmas.

He said " No ... but if you bend over, I will give you a goose!"

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
No Christmas Bonuses here, we do recieve profit sharing and the highest we ever recieved was 21% across the board.

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
That jelly of the month club is the gift that doesn't stop giving. I usualy got a turkey or a $25 gift certificate. Now my Daughter who works on Park Ave. in NY City gets a months salary. From her Jewish Boss!

blade819

1 - 20 of 43 Posts