Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,605 Posts
This is from the 32nd Edition (which is now 2 editions old, but the only one I have):

MODEL 30

- .32 S&W Long cal., improved I-frame and J-frame, 6 shot, 2, 3, 4, or 6 in. barrel, square butt, walnut grips, fixed sights, blue or nickel finish. Mfg. 1948-1976.

Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%

$495 $350 $250 $220 $195 $175 $165

There was one engineering change to this model.

Based on closed gunbroker auctions (where the gun actually got bids and sold, it looks like those numbers are a touch low, but only just.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Nickel in that model is pretty rare in that kind of shape with the original box I would say more in the $800-$900 range .Jerry

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Values in the 34th Edition Blue Book and the same as listed above by skeetman.
Mark

·
Ljutic Nut
2,905 Posts
The revolver was built between 1968 and 1976. It is built on the "J" frame. If you have everything complete (all paper work, tools, waxed paper and box) you will get a small premium in your price.

There is a big difference in what it is worth and what you can sell it for. If you want a number to use for insurance value it will be 10 to 20 % higher than what you might sell it for. If you can find some idiot like me that has an empty slot in a collection again you can do much better on the price. The term "Table Value" is what you should be able to get for it at a gun show and there is the price a gun shop would pay you for it or what a gun shop may try to sell it for.

Based on what I paid for the two model 30's I have I would guess you might expect to get as much as $700.00 from the right person if the condition is truly over 95%. I would say Table value would be between $550 and $600. These are optimistic prices, start high and you can always come down a bit.

Your best bet if you really want to sell it is to first go to the Smith & Wesson Forum http://smith-wessonforum.com/forum.php and post pictures and ask for a value under "S&W Revolvers: 1961 to 1980". Be sure to read the rules of that forum before you post. After you get an idea from the posters there you may want to list it on that site.

Jim R

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thanks for the info guys, good stuff! I tried a couple of the gun value websites but they want you to sign up etc, knew I could get some feedback here.

Truth be told you would probably never hear from me again if I were to ever sell this gun, my wife has let me know, I was simply curious as to its value.

It is a Model 30-1, serial H68xx

Thanks again,

Jeff

·
Ljutic Nut
2,905 Posts
Get some ammo and shoot it. Very low recoil and fun to shoot. See the link for ammo

http://ammoseek.com/ammo/32sw-long

1 - 11 of 11 Posts