Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20,602 Posts
Well, that eliminates a lot of good people from owning firearms....nothing like limiting our numbers to ensure the future of the 2nd A....

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My take is this. If you're going to smoke pot, (legally or illegally), I sure as hell wouldn't go around bragging about it. And I sure as hell would not want my name and address on ANY type of "Medical Marijuana" card. This type of crap can catch up with you both professionally, as well as legally. We live in the information age. Employers check peoples Facebook and Twitter accounts before hiring. I'm retired, but I still have never posted on ANY social media sites, and I never will. I don't see any upside to it. But it sure can cause trouble.

·
Registered
29,242 Posts
I believe there has always (for a long time) been a question about using illicit drugs on the form. I think this change is a clarification, that while legal in a particular state, still not legal as far as the Feds are concerned. You can lose your guns and be prevented from buying any in the future and that is the way it has been.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
I agree with you Rick.

Now if you have a medical marijuana prescription card and you say no - you are in violation of Federal law. And I am sure the Fed's have a list of those with the special prescription.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
Just think how many more windmills they'll need to power the indoor weed growing plots!

They may have to rethink coal and nuclear restrictions.:rolleyes:

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
My take is this. If you're going to smoke pot, (legally or illegally), I sure as hell wouldn't go around bragging about it. And I sure as hell would not want my name and address on ANY type of "Medical Marijuana" card. This type of crap can catch up with you both professionally, as well as legally. We live in the information age. Employers check peoples Facebook and Twitter accounts before hiring. I'm retired, but I still have never posted on ANY social media sites, and I never will. I don't see any upside to it. But it sure can cause trouble.
But I agree with you on the keeping it hush aspect.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You just did, Bill. This is a social media site, lol.
Mike B
This place is nothing compared to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. 99.99% of employers don't even know this place exists. It's a drop in the "social media bucket".

·
Registered
546 Posts
I guess if there is a law against smoking pot, and they do it, they are not "otherwise good people". It's against the law to rob a bank, but if I do it, am I still "otherwise good"?? Where do you draw the line between bad and otherwise good??

·
Registered
20,602 Posts
I guess if there is a law against smoking pot, and they do it, they are not "otherwise good people". It's against the law to rob a bank, but if I do it, am I still "otherwise good"?? Where do you draw the line between bad and otherwise good??
....if you wanna equate getting high with robbing a bank, I can only assume you don't have any experience to make an informed opinion from.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Wasn't going to post on this topic, because I'm sure all the smokers and growers will crucify me, but.

Let's keep in mind that a lot of the same people selling weed on the streets, are the same people committing crimes that are putting our gun rights on the chopping block. So in turn any gun owner, buying/using weed or any other drug for that matter is directly affecting their gun rights, and mine.

Make your choice, dope or guns, the two can't survive together forever.

·
Registered
546 Posts
....if you wanna equate getting high with robbing a bank, I can only assume you don't have any experience to make an informed opinion from.
Buck3200...I am not equating getting high with robbing a bank in the literal sense. I am equating it with breaking the law. Which laws are we allowed to pick and choose from? How much is the DUI rate, with the corresponding accident rate, going to go up because a lot more people will be driving while high? And if by questioning my "experience", by which I assume you mean smoking pot, no I don't, and I don't plan to just so I can come up with a more informed opinion.

·
Registered
20,602 Posts
And if by questioning my "experience", by which I assume you mean smoking pot, no I don't, and I don't plan to just so I can come up with a more informed opinion.
Actually, I was referring to knowing people who do. But since as is stated here and on the other thread on the subject, many people won't freely admit to smoking pot, many have friends, family, and co-workers that do and never know it. The Emperors Clothes comes to mind....

·
Registered
645 Posts
8 Straight ..."How much is the DUI rate, with the corresponding accident rate, going to go up because a lot more people will be driving while high"...

I agree 100%. Before "legalizing" weed, They need to set a legal level of impairment for the drug. After that, they need to find a valid way to test that level roadside on a accident or traffic stop. Colorado never thought of this issue, and are left scrambling trying to figure it out.

In my mind, if smoking weed is that important to you, give up you guns and your drivers license, then smoke till you're content.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Until it is Federally legalized, it is still illegal in the United States. If it were made legal on the federal level, then you could apply rules as with alcohol and guns. It's not illegal to drink and own guns. It's when you mix alcohol and guns that we see problems. On the state legalization part, I don't care either way. That said, it doesn't matter what I think as the Feds still see it as illegal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts