Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted a part replaced on my LTX so I called Ljutic in Yakima Washington and spoke with Mike. He told me to come on over and he would meet me at the shop. I got up and left at 5:45am and arrived at 8:07am. Mike was coming across the street as I pulled in. He took me right in and showed me around then I told him what I wanted on my gun, and a friends gun. He said fine, and the next thing I know he had my gun apart and the new part was in Bob's hands (Bob is the gunsmith) and they fitted it to the gun right on the spot. While Bob was fitting my part, Mike went through my friends gun and just ended up replacing a front sight. My friend thought he might need new springs. Mike said he didn't after inspecting the gun. The only thing Mike charged him for was the front bead. Most places would have charged you for and replaced the springs. Ljutic is not that way! Talk about great customer service! The only thing Mike recommended was to start using their lubricant on the guns. He said it does not break down and clog up like other lubricants. So I bought myself and my friend each a jar of it. Great stuff and "a little dab will do ya".

I wanted a trigger style break open release button. Mike talked me into a stainless steel one and said it would really pop with the blued receiver. It took minimal fitting in Bob's experienced hands. It was all complete in about twenty minutes.
Then Mike and Bob took time to answer questions I had about Ljutic and we had a general bull discussion. It proved to be a very educational experience for me, as they also showed me some of the do's and dont's with Ljutics. They truly are built like tanks.

Here is a picture of a barrel on the milling machine getting ready for a rib.

Here is a picture of my LTX with new part installed

Here is a picture of the Lubricant that they sell for $10.00 per container.

I could have spent all day there watching their operation and getting those always wanted to know questions answered. But, they have work to do. Thanks Mike and Bob for your great customer service and very quick repairs. Had a great time.

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,749 Posts
Thanks for the great post and I’m very happy to hear that things are well there. I have a Ljutic Pro 3, and although I don’t shoot it much at all anymore, I still admire its looks and quality.

By the way, what were Mikes comments about the “do’s” and “dont’s”?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the great post and I’m very happy to hear that things are well there. I have a Ljutic Pro 3, and although I don’t shoot it much at all anymore, I still admire its looks and quality.

By the way, what were Mikes comments about the “do’s” and “dont’s”?

The main thing was use proper lube, and lube the right spots when you take one apart. How lube actually helps to hold certain retention springs in place during this process. Certain heavy greases tend to cake and clog up things they are supposed to be lubricating.
The big thing that stood out is closing the gun. Make sure you are depressing the open/close button and just don't slam it shut. This causes premature ware on metal.

One comment he has was how beat up some guns are when they come in for repair! Just plain and simple abuse of the firearm. They cost more to fix when they are abused.

We talked about pressures and how much pressure is put on the gun when they are made. They use more pressure than the standard trap load in development. But that is another discussion. Let's just say they are built like tanks.

I just want to say here. Ljutic can use your support. Covid has had an impact in shortage of materials used to make new guns. Politics in this state has not helped them either. They want to make more guns, but the shortage has slowed the process in doing so. If you are thinking of upgrading a Ljutic with new parts, now is the time to do it. (just my opinion) Let's support some really good people.

·
Vendor
860 Posts
Great post. My whole family shoots Ljutic, me and my two daughters. I've somehow missed the whole JMT Lubricants thing over the years. Looks like there are some posts going back to 2010 on it...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Very interesting and educational, thanks for sharing. Sure nice to see great customer service and all around good people!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am thrilled to hear that Ljutic is still doing business. Although my Mid-Rib and my Bi-Gun are safe queens, they always served me so well and are a testament to the outstanding craftsmanship and legacy of the Ljutic Gun company

·
Registered
333 Posts
IMHO , you will not meet any better people than the people that work for and represent the Ljutic name. They all are a family of people and if you own a Ljutic you will be treated like family all so . I believe that is why Ljutic has been so successful and is one of the best guns ever built.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts