Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back into trap, and sporting sports again, 3 months ago. Been shooting once or twice a week, although I am shooting more rounds now. Most all trap. Much more relaxing to me.

Shot practice yesterday. Took out my 1 month old CX and my new field gun, Browning Maxus 75th DU.

First round, CX, 23. Not bad. Second round, first 24 straight, all crushed. Hesitated on the last and ended up rising too quick and missed high. Laughed all the way back to the table. Talked myself right out of that last bird. Still haven't gotten that 25 straight since shooting again, but my accuracy is improving and it will come. Still getting my routine and stance figured out. Getting more comfortable with every outing.

Tried out the Maxus on the last two rounds, both 22s. That gun is so light, I was swinging too fast and missing out in front on the angles. Don't miss those with a heavier gun. It'll take a little getting used to, but that Maxus is sweet. And purty too. Love those scenes on the receiver. Most hits were smoke balls with a Carlson IM extended choke. Thinking about it for sporting clays. Don't shot SCs too often, so won't worry about the wear and tear.

Although somewhat of a collectible, I shoot what I buy, so the Maxus is a shooter now. It'll never replace my O/Us or Auto-5s, but it's a nice handling gun. Fits like a browning for me too, like a glove.

I am hooked again. Finally have enough time to get serious again.
My rambling for the week :)

George

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
I assume you were shooting singles, 16's, remember they are not hard to hit just easy to miss.
Welcome back to trapshooting.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, 16s. Getting my timing and technique back before moving back.
Feeling better every outing.
Funny how you can go yo the range all keyed up and leave all mellow with a smile.
Gotta laugh at those easy misses. A mind is a terrible thing. When it gets in the way.
George

1 - 4 of 4 Posts