Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you.

On March17, 2011 long time member Sam MacAnally died in a local care facility while in the process of recuperating from a stroke.

Sam was a long time member of Brea Rifle & Pistol Club, as well as Tri-County, and he shot at the San Bernardino Sherriff’s Trap team , Pomona Vally Rod & Gun Club as well as the ATA. If there was a Trap range in the area, you would likely find Sam there at one time or another. I would venture to say that when Sam was working he still managed to shoot an average of 200-300 rounds a week, roughly 10,000 to 15,000 rounds a year, and after retirement it went up from there.

He will be sorely missed.

Services will be at

Memory Gardens Memorial Park
455 West Central
Brea, Ca. 92821
(7140 529-3961

Friday April 1, 2011 at 11 am

Viewing will be on Thursday
March 31, 2011
4pm to 9 pm

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
Its always sad to lose a member of our trapshooting family...may there be a trapgun waiting in heaven with an endless supply of AA's on a field with forever fair weather just for him

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
It is a never ending story from the beginning of man's time on earth.... some great person is always dying from somewhere in the country. I guess it will only get worse as the Baby Boomers cross "the Great Divide". But whatever, it is going to happen a lot more often over the next 10-15 years. After that, it will slow down. Regardlesas, we are going to be in a perpetual state of sorrow, unless we downplay all the melodrama just a little.....
Meanwhile, my feelings of sensitivity go out to Sam's friends and family - and most of all, to the guys who shot with him and loved him as a brother.
Mike

·
Registered
769 Posts
Such a terrible loss. Sam was such as a great guy. I thoroughly enjoyed talking with him at the range. What a nice guy. He will be missed. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.