Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trap 006.JPG

1967 Iowa State Shoot. With Merle Stockdale (Good friend, multi-All American and first man on 27 yards). My folks on the right. Don't know why I looked grumpy, I'd just won long yardage in the 'caps championship. Won a MEC reloader for a trophy.

Geez. 50+ years ago. Don't recall if I've posted this before. Thanks for letting me remember the old days. :)

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
Handsome young man. Stylish dresser too. Wonder whatever happened to him? :D

·
Premium Member
4,720 Posts
I`m betting the young girls were all swooning …..

·
Registered
22,827 Posts
Careful. Might get banned for posting old shooting photos unless everyone in the photo gives their personal permission. It isn’t enough that they gave permission at the shoot.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Great photo and you say grumpy, but you look focused to me.

Careful. Might get banned for posting old shooting photos unless everyone in the photo gives their personal permission. It isn’t enough that they gave permission at the shoot.
Is this a new forum rule I am unaware of? Because this would be considered fair use. There's no expectation of privacy when out and about - even at a shoot. No permission needed.

·
Registered
22,827 Posts
Great photo and you say grumpy, but you look focused to me.

Is this a new forum rule I am unaware of? Because this would be considered fair use. There's no expectation of privacy when out and about - even at a shoot. No permission needed.
Yeah, well...........

certain truths are not arguable.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks Lit. Merle certainly looks like Merle, but am not so sure about you. lol

Merle was a hell of a competitor!

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sportalluring, yes. Still have the model 12 and I shoot it once in a while. Also have the Browning Superposed my folks got me for my 15th birthday. My mother saved a bunch of mementos in a metal box and after she died, I was happy to see she did.

Here's some other stuff from the box:

003.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Yeah, well...........

certain truths are not arguable.
What truth have you provided? I am confused at what you are trying to say.
The Supreme Court has ruled that photographs in public are protected under the 1st amendment. Also, they will not violate your 4th amendment rights, either.
Even if the gun club is private property they would have to specifically prohibit photographs to need permission.
You are spreading factually incorrect information.

Photography and the law - Wikipedia
http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf
Reasonable Expectation of Privacy
Expectation of privacy - Wikipedia

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,033 Posts
A long time ago I posed a question of what constitutes a serious trap shooter.

This photo is all of that and then some.

I've taken thousands upon thousands of photos, trying to capture a true, honest image of many things. Someday, I hope I can lay claim to a photo such as this one.

LilLit.jpg

·
Registered
22,827 Posts
What truth have you provided? I am confused at what you are trying to say.
The Supreme Court has ruled that photographs in public are protected under the 1st amendment. Also, they will not violate your 4th amendment rights, either.
Even if the gun club is private property they would have to specifically prohibit photographs to need permission.
You are spreading factually incorrect information.

Photography and the law - Wikipedia
http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf
Reasonable Expectation of Privacy
Expectation of privacy - Wikipedia
Trapshooters dot com doesn’t care about that. THAT is the truth I provided. It seems arbitrary to me too.

Reactions: Kazer

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
This is why everyone fights to get on his winter weekend jackpot squad, including me. Makes everyone look more handsome and improves our shooting with his sage advice.

See you tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,272 Posts
I call bullshit Denny, that's Paul Newman in that picture!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts