Trapshooters Forum banner

Snow Goose migrations.

2362 Views 18 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  acss
For those that hunt these there was a big migration today. I have some property in Illinois near the WSRC. I was not hunting today just working outside. In my 73 years I have not seen anything like this. At just about any given time you could see or hear geese. Snows and blues mainly but a few small flocks of Specks too. Huge flocks, All high and headed North. Should be good hunting for somebody somewhere. Just an FYI for those that care. Colonel
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
21,629 Posts
You don't want to look up at the honkers here west of Amarillo. Your liable to get an eyeful of green stuff. The post office I use in town, they land across Old 66 in a wheat field. The parking lot and sidewalk are speckled with it. LOL.

· Registered
1,276 Posts
Here in the Pacific Northwest we get an average of 60,000 Wintering. As previously mentioned its best not to look straight up at a large flock. I can add to that by also warning against shooting at a large flock that is directly overhead. It put a large ball of digested green rye grass bullseye into my coffee cup.

· Registered
5,925 Posts
You don't want to look up at the honkers here west of Amarillo. Your liable to get an eyeful of green stuff. The post office I use in town, they land across Old 66 in a wheat field. The parking lot and sidewalk are speckled with it. LOL.
Do you know what that little white speck on top of goose poop is? .........Goose poop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Banned
6 Posts
For those that hunt these there was a big migration today. I have some property in Illinois near the WSRC. I was not hunting today just working outside. In my 73 years I have not seen anything like this. At just about any given time you could see or hear geese. Snows and blues mainly but a few small flocks of Specks too. Huge flocks, All high and headed North. Should be good hunting for somebody somewhere. Just an FYI for those that care. Colonel
Thanks for the heads up

· Registered
1,348 Posts
A common slang in the Mid Atlantic for Snow Geese is "Sky Carp". Majority Canadian & Snows flying high north bound last weekend to staging areas in up state New York before their final flight in May to nesting grounds.

· Registered
2,702 Posts
Foster said they shot 25 this morning. He said a lot of birds pushed out over night.

I was just outside here in Rapid City and there is a huge migration of Canada geese going North. We are near 70 degrees today. 75 on Saturday.

Just got the boat out to go catch walleyes but this is a snow goose thread....

Have fun all

Bud

· Registered
2,414 Posts
Foster said they shot 25 this morning. He said a lot of birds pushed out over night.

I was just outside here in Rapid City and there is a huge migration of Canada geese going North. We are near 70 degrees today. 75 on Saturday.

Just got the boat out to go catch walleyes but this is a snow goose thread....

Have fun all

Bud
Yea stay on topic

· Vendor
8,174 Posts

· Vendor
8,174 Posts
the migration must be building - im 2 miles from squaw creek refuge and the black birds are in thick waves — their flight runs parallel to refuge waterfowl buildup

black shades in corn field end rows , is all blackbirds

Reactions: RickN
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.