Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow will be three weeks from the bite date. I am some better with the swelling leaving my shoulder and upper arm. My hand where I was bitten and my forearm are still twice the normal size and my fingers are just slightly moveable. It still gives me pain at times and the hand and arm are pretty much useless. I go back to the doctor tomorrow and will find out if they are going to cut me to reduce the swelling or just how we will proceed to diminish this mess. I had throat cancer a few years ago and even though they saved my life they did destroy my immune system. I am certain that is having some effect on the slow process of getting better. I do want to thank you guys for the well wishes and I will get by this but it ain't gonna be a fast process. Sucks not being able to shoot or just get cubes in the buckets to feed my old cows but it will get better. I try and post another pic that we took yesterday of my hand. LOL.... It ain't purdy!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Glad you're better. I was raised in the country between Midland and Odessa.

I must have killed 50 diamond backs when I was young.

I still don't know how I was not bitten. Ran over one one time while mowing with a follow behind.

Dove hunting was dangerous in most areas. They have great camo in that area of the state.

Get well soon

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Your hand still looks pretty angry!
It makes me hurt just looking at the pictures.

Hang in there.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Wow ,what a nightmare,your a tough guy,wishing you well,as a farm boy in Wisc I'm sure l stepped over some timber rattlers,the Bullsnake was the biggest friendly snake on the farm,killing one would get you a spanking cause they ate so many mice....

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
chipped99,
Thanks for the update, I had asked how you were doing on your other post.
I guess the cancer you had really did put your immune system out of whack, would have thought the swelling would have been gone by now.
Let us know what the doc tells you, hang in there, you must really be a tough hombre.

·
Molon Labe
11,984 Posts
It is looking better, hope you have a full recovery, prayers sent

Reactions: chipped99

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Do you know what kind of snake bit you? I'm here at Tucson Trap Club for the winter and always scan the ground in front of me. Some nasty ones live around here. I hope you get well soon and get back to having fun shooting again.

·
Premium Member
12,014 Posts
Look on the bright side - the 'Girls of the HilLIARy Campaign' are gonna think you are hot with fingers that thick...

Be well, continue to improve...

Reactions: chipped99

·
Registered
10,224 Posts
Thanks for the update!!!

Looks like you have made some good progress. Though you still have a way to go. May the rest of your recovery be swift and total. Let us know what the Doc say's tomorrow. Best of Luck and break em all "soon" Jeff

·
Registered
175 Posts
if ever there was a case for having a pistol loaded with snake shot while out hunting, this thread is it.

/and yeah, I do. Too many close calls with the dogs
//thankfully I've got some experience handling them, but not willing to tempt fate either

1 - 20 of 49 Posts