Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased another BT-99, it has a Smith Trap Trigger. I was going to swap it into another BT-99 that I have that I am more comfortable with, but it is not just a swap.
Any ideas as to who can do this or is there another alternative? A different trigger??

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I assume you are talking about a release trigger. Most release trigger installations are custom fitted to that particular gun.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just a thought if the barrel and stock are interchangeable and will fit use the receiver with the Smith Trap Trigger use the stock that fits or you like better maybe change barrels and you should be good to go. Maybe a simple fix for your problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Smith Trap Trigger is not a release trigger. Tried switching barrels, only one works, the other does not, will not lock up.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Is this a Carl Smith trigger? I had one installed on my BT-99 in the 70's. It was just a piece of spring wire looped the mainspring guide and secured with a screw threaded into the upper tang. I believe that he marketed it as a speed trigger. I don't think that it has anything to do with the ability of the barrels to be interchanged. I removed mine and inserted a screw into the hole.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is exactly the trigger set up it has. Have not removed it yet, but that could be the future plan.
I cannot swap barrels between guns though. I have a 32 inch BT and a 34 BT, two guns, when swapping one does not lock up properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts