Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80...
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some pro's and cons of a smart tv from folks that own them. I'm looking a 60" Samsung tv at costco. The smart tv is about 500 bucks higher.. comments please. Bernie

·
Registered
518 Posts
I brought a SONY 55 inch "smart tv" and would not recommend it to anyone. I end up using my LG blu-ray player to access the internet to stream movies from netflix. There are many things stating at $50 for a roku that will let you access the internet better via wifi and cheaper then most smart TVs. Check out Consumer reports they have suggested not buying a smart TV.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The more complicated the TV (internet features, 3D, etc) the faster the processors and that equates to better TV pic quality.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Honestly I feel like they're overrated. I have two Samsungs that has most of those features and I hardly ever use them.

If you've got a blu-ray player or game console hooked up to the TV, it does all the same things. Like stilltrying was saying, there's cheaper alternatives such as a Roku, Chromecast, etc.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I have a LG Smart TV and honesty the smart feature are a bunch of apps, most of which you have to pay extra for.
For instance I have Amazon Prime and they offer many movies for free but you must be a Prime member.It's also a 3-d TV and besides the WOW factor I haven't watched any 3-d movies.
On the other hand I didn't pay a $500 premium and the picture is amazing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts