Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would not have thought lop could be such a big issue. Been struggling for the last 4 months and could not figure why till 3 weeks ago. Moved the trigger all the way back on my 725 and have shot great for me 3 weeks in a row. Can't believe the difference 3/8 of an inch can make. Hope I haven't jinxed myself by sharing this.lol

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
It seems that just about the time you think you've got it figured out, reality sets in and the wheels fall off. I hope that doesn't happen with you. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
We all have. Just pulling yer leg. If you're a newer shooter, expect big swings in your scores for awhile, both up and down. It will be tempting to attribute those swings to minor changes. In the big picture, moving your trigger is pretty minor. At the very least, you know the new trigger position is not a bad thing. About the only certainty I've found in trapshooting is: if I think it matters.....it matters.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mike. It is so much a head game. Your right about the thinking part lol. At least now I'm shooting to my capabilities or a little better after struggling for 4 months. It was getting bad enough it went through my mind to quit but I pushed those negative thoughts out of my mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts