Trapshooters Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,583 Posts
Many uninformed shooters don’t take the time to learn that there is only so much time to complete a shoot in the time and light available.
It’s only good manners to help keep the shoot moving along. The squads near the end of the tournament will have an even chance then.

·
Registered
601 Posts
shoot 25 at each trap this will stop the slow shoots. If u see a open trap in front of u and floks waiting it will speed up the shoot

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
There's no perfect world on this one. I was just at a state shoot and they employ the quick 50 system where you're supposed to bring your second box with you to speed things up. Almost no one does it. I was behind a school team that placed the second box on the runway and would pick it up and stand there visiting as usual so it did nothing to help. I was on one squad of three that took it seriously so we shot one round after the other and then had to sit a while waiting for the squad in front of us. I don't like being rushed and appreciate having enough time to dump my empties,take a drink, and load another box in my vest. If it's hot maybe wipe my face off as well. That's all I need. Otherwise I don't want down time in between traps.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
You see slow turns a bunch with kids squads. Mom, dad, coach and crazy uncle have to powder their butts and feed them a lunchable between traps
We limit the time for our youth squads. They have 60 to shoot 100. If they run over, they can finish after the other squads are done. We’ve never had to enforce it, but are fully prepared.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts