Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
19,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this interesting in my T and F, December issue. Except for 4 of these slam completions, these were completed during the 2 hole era. Some one tell the remainder, that their slams are lesser accomplishments. Not me.

Note the year of completion

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
There are some mighty powerful names on that list of Trap Shooting Stud Muffins, none to trifle with or take for granted. Guys that can close the deal when it counts, MHO. Scott

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
That could be the biggest bucket of chum I've ever seen. I think I'll whip up some crab cakes and shuck some oysters and sit back and enjoy the afternoon.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Ahhh come on guys, it's not me saying that...take your comments to Gary.

I personally think ANYONE that has the slam deserves it. But that's just the way I am.

Shoot well and have fun......Rickyd

·
Registered
81 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but these slams are just for the Grand. That being 200 in singles, 100 in doubles and 100 from 27 yards all being done at the Grand, not necessarily all in the same year.

·
Vendor
19,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure reads like a "who's who" of our most successful trap shoooters.

Britt-Leo-Kay-Brad-Ron-Phil-Pat-Ricky-Chris-Dave-Sean- Harlan-Tim-foster-Matt.

95% of you can fill in the last name by just looking at the first name

Britt

Leo

Kay

Brad

Ron

Phil

Pat

Ricky

Chris

Dave

Sean

Harlan

Tim

Foster

Matt

I mean no slight to the others. But if trapshooting comes up in my conversations and one of these first names comes up, I immediately know is being referenced. You do as well

·
Vendor
19,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Orange makes a good point. We need to see how many of these shooters completed their first Slams prior to this article info. And now that I reread it, How could a shooter do the last leg of his slam in the prelim Friday Handicap. I guess it could mean that they had done the others in the prelims. But do they even have a 200 bird event in the prelims?

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
I believe it means they had accomplished a leg (not necessarily their first) at the GRAND.

this does NOT diminish the significance of the accomplishment.

If it were pussy targets, the list would be much, much longer, and probably less distinguished....

·
2,755 Posts
Well, now I am confused. I always believed that a "Grand Slam" was the 200 singles, the 100 from the 27 and the 100 doubles BUT, that each of these accomplishments could be achieved at any registered event, and that it was not necessary for any of them to be completed at the Grand itself.

Now it sounds sorta like it has to all be done at the Grand, though not necessarily in the same year.

Does anyone know which is correct and where the "rules" concerning Grand Slams might be found?

Bob

·
Premium Member
10,525 Posts
One of the most underrated shooters in the country is on that list ... Jerry Sedlacek of Illinois. He can stand with all the big guns.

·
Premium Member
10,525 Posts
This list is those that completed their GRAND Grand Slams ... not just the lifetime grand slam. All of these folks shot at least one 200x200 in singles, one 100x100 in doubles and one 100x100 in handicap, shot only at the the GRAND AMERICAN TRAPSHOOTING TOURNAMENT at either Vandalia, Ohio or Sparta, Illinois.

It's several cuts above the lifetime Grand Slams. Truly historic in the annals of ATA trapshooting.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I think it means that the shooters completed their Grand Slam during the Grand...i.e., they already had two legs, and the third was completed during the Grand.

·
Premium Member
10,525 Posts
If you look at the lifetime Grand Slam List you will find that, most of the folks on the Grand Grand Slam list completed their lifetime Grand Slam years earlier. They are two separate achievements.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Straightshooter,

Your understanding of the "Grand Slam" is correct. The list in T&F is only the persons that have accomplished all three (200 singles, 100 27 yard HDCP 100 Doubles) at the Grand during their shooting career. There are many more "Grand Slams" that are not on this list.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts