Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone owned both of these reloading machines? If you have can you tell me which one you liked better and why? Thanks, Dale

·
Registered
531 Posts
I own the Grand and a Mec 9000....I can say the the the Grand to me is easier to set up and I like the fact that it doesn't drop powder or shot if there is no hull present. They both make great shells but the warranty on the Grand is lifetime no questions asked. That hard to beat! I have heard great things about the Dillon SL900 and maybe someday Ill have to find someone with one so I can look at it and see for myself.

Reap

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hello: I am a Dillon fan and like there lifetime no BS warranty. It is a very easy machine to learn and use. Adjustments are easily done and it can crank out the shells. The SL900 is also built very well with cast and machine metal parts. My vote is the SL900 with case feeder. If you can wait a little while good used come up for sale a little cheaper. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hello: I am a Dillon fan and like there lifetime no BS warranty. It is a very easy machine to learn and use. Adjustments are easily done and it can crank out the shells. The SL900 is also built very well with cast and machine metal parts. My vote is the SL900 with case feeder. If you can wait a little while good used come up for sale a little cheaper. Thanks, Eric
If they come up for sale used they are few and far between and go very fast!...LOL

Reap

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a Sl900 with hull feeder good machine specially for new loads the only progressive loader that you van run 1 shell w.o. shutting off anything. good luck Fred.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have a Sl900 with hull feeder good machine specially for new loads the only progressive loader that you van run 1 shell w.o. shutting off anything. good luck Fred.
That's not entirely true...The RCBS Grand will let you run one shell and you don't drop anything without a hull in the station so you don't have to turn off powder or shot at all.... ever.... unless your changing a bushing.

Reap

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
That's not entirely true...The RCBS Grand will let you run one shell and you don't drop anything without a hull in the station so you don't have to turn off powder or shot at all.... ever.... unless your changing a bushing.

Reap
Dillon'a SL-900 don't have bushings. So, no extra cost there ever. Like no cigar box full of bushings.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Dillon'a SL-900 don't have bushings. So, no extra cost there ever. Like no cigar box full of bushings.
Very true and again I do think the Dillon is an excellent product but you also have to look at the cost factor of both machines. I got the Grand because I found a brand new one in the box for 450.00 and I called RCBS and got all of the updated parts for free sent to me. You cant beat that. Brand new the machine is 750.00 What is the price of the SL 900?

Reap

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Very true and again I do think the Dillon is an excellent product but you also have to look at the cost factor of both machines. I got the Grand because I found a brand new one in the box for 450.00 and I called RCBS and got all of the updated parts for free sent to me. You cant beat that. Brand new the machine is 750.00 What is the price of the SL 900?

Reap
a lot more....LOL

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hello: You can buy a Dillon machine and use it for 5 years and sell it for what you paid for it. I don't think there is another loader out there like that. They do cost a little more but are a quality built machine compared to some others I have seen. The hull feeder and primer setup are both easy features I like. Take a look on You Tube and see how they work. Steve on Power Factor Show has some great info on his SL900. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've had a Dillon for over 15 years and have loaded thousands of cartridges with it. Only issue is keeping it fed because it loads so fast.
Good luck with your purchase
Gavin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts