Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Don't know about the crimp starter on the Dillon, but I can tell you on a MEC-650 to load new, skived hulls (Rio and Fiocchi in my case) I remove the rotating crimp starter that's designed to align with and refold the expanded crimp from a fired hull, and replace it with a Super Crown Crimper from Ballistic Products.

This does the trick nicely and makes for a great crimp by putting sharp folds in the plastic of the new hull.

· Registered
8,591 Posts
The Dillon has a crimp starter on the next to last position on the carousel. Haven't ever had any unfired hulls, but imagine it's up to the task starting out fresh. The starter is made to rotate and find the old crimp or (I guess) provide a newly started crimp for the final stage.

Bob Falfa

· Premium Member
1,334 Posts
The starter is made to rotate and find the old crimp or (I guess) provide a newly started crimp for the final stage.
Sounds like the same configuration as my old MEC. I mentioned the Ballistic Products Crimp Starter because the rotating one on the MEC does not do a good job on new hulls. Works fine on fired hulls, but not on new ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.