Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed the smaller wood stocks on Browning shotguns? I have looked at the Browning XS skeet guns and the stocks are small and have very cheap looking wood on them. For the price of them, I would expect more.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Japanese Browning wood generally looks better than Perazzi wood, until you get into the higher grade P guns...

Ron Burr

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I have had a lot of Brownings and they all had very nice wood. Recently I acquired a XS Special and the wood is rather plain with little figure.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I checked out the 725's at the MO Fall and thought the same thing. The stocks didn't have much wood on them. The seemed short in height and narrow in width.

Regards,

Chip

·
Registered
67 Posts
I saw and shouldered a brand new 725 Trap yesterday at a gun shop here in Missouri and it had a high rib and a much taller stock than my XT gold. Still like mine better. Terry

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Ditto Philk...crap wood on Perazzis...I guess Browning is going that route too...too bad Browning always had such beautiful wood on their target guns.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The wood on my 725 is pretty enough, (in the eye of this beholder,) but the forend is much skinnier than my XT. By the way the XT wood is even prettier and my old 1992 Citori Grade III puts them both to shame! IMHO Martinpicker

·
Registered
174 Posts
The XS Special has always had plain, dull wood. I'm not sure why they went that route on the XS Special, but that is why I shoot Sporting Clays with my XS Skeet, much better wood on the Skeet and XT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts