Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the skeet shooting world. What choke is recomended by you all? I have a 28 inch over/under. Do I put 2 skeet chokes in or something different? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
If you have 2 skeet chokes use them; if you have 1 imp cyl & 1 skeet, use them (you can shoot skeet with any combination of cylinder, skeet, or imp cyl chokes) Regards, Ed

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Skeet chokes or cylinder is probably your best choice. It will help to build your confidence while you learn angles and speeds. I have a O/U 410 that is full and full and is really fun to shoot. I just picked up a Rem 1100 28ga which is modified and am enjoying shooting skeet and trap with it. I have a tube set for my 686 SP choked skeet which I use when I get serious.(Not that my scores improve a lot) Even with skeet chokes you can tell where you are shooting as it will show you hitting in the front or rear or centering the bird with smoke. Shoot well and often. Jackie B.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Cougit4......do you realize that this is Trapshooters.com ?????????? I never could get the "hang" of Skeet. Give me a straight away trap bird anytime.Much easier !

·
Registered
548 Posts
I use SK and CYL in the 12,20 & 28 GA.

In the 410 I use IC and CYL.

Use the cyl tube on the incomers on 1,2,6&7 and both 8s. For the outgoers and the singles on 3,4 &5 use the tighter tube.

It is worth noting that I am a duffer, not a hotshot.

·
Registered
13,601 Posts
anything from -.005 to +.010 will work for skeet until you get to the point that you need to fine tune, then you'll want to be shooting .003s to .007s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.