Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 85TSS. Bottom barrel is release, top is pull. Tried the top barrel today and the pull trigger seems "sticky". Not having used the pull side much I wonder if maybe it just needs some light lube or cleaning. I check the trigger set up awhile ago. It all seemed good. Then again I am not sure what to look for.
I guess taking it to my Smith would be best, but I do like to tinker. Your thoughts please.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Here is what I do once a year for my two 85 TSS guns. Take off buttstock and barrel/s. Completely soak action only in mineral spirits overnight. Clean with cheap bristle paint brush and use ear syringe on inaccessible areas. Air/blow dry receiver and then immerse in Marvel Mystery Oil overnight. Let drain overnight on paper towels. Air /blow dry one more time. Wipe exterior as best possible and put gun back together. Beretta Service Dept. put me onto mineral spirits a long time ago. Its cheap ,easy on my lungs and skin, and does a good job. The syringe comes in handy if you do not want to pull the firing pins. My guns are release and release pull by Mel Hunting. Being a "frugal tinkerer" I would filter the used mineral spirits and also the MMO back thru a paper towel and reuse it.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is what I do once a year for my two 85 TSS guns. Take off buttstock and barrel/s. Completely soak action only in mineral spirits overnight. Clean with cheap bristle paint brush and use ear syringe on inaccessible areas. Air/blow dry receiver and then immerse in Marvel Mystery Oil overnight. Let drain overnight on paper towels. Air /blow dry one more time. Wipe exterior as best possible and put gun back together. Beretta Service Dept. put me onto mineral spirits a long time ago. Its cheap ,easy on my lungs and skin, and does a good job. The syringe comes in handy if you do not want to pull the firing pins. My guns are release and release pull by Mel Hunting. Being a "frugal tinkerer" I would filter the used mineral spirits and also the MMO back thru a paper towel and reuse it.
Thanks. I have done just about the same in past except for the Mineral Spirits, and Mystery OIl. ( did not know it was around anymore). Other than that, got everything I need.
We will see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts