Trapshooters Forum banner

SKB semi-auto won't eject low base shells

8235 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  NJCOP
SKB semi-auto won

I picked up a SKB semi-auto from a friend for $100. The problem is it won't eject a low base shell. I will eject a high base 3 1/2 dram but not a 2 3/4 dram. It has a L/H selector but that didn't help. Any ideas..???.?.
All I know is its a 1990 Ducks Unlimited 12ga 28inch

Knife Utility knife Tool Blade Dagger

Pipe Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9,982 Posts
Id take the barrel off and inside the gas collar there must be some kind of porting orifice arrangement where the low setting is being restricted with some kind of dirt in there you cant see..you may need to run a wire through it or if that doesnt work you might let someone knowledgable enlarge the port/ports to allow more gas to pass using your lightest loads as a control benchmark..check to make sure any piston rings/seals at the end of the bar are in good shape...hope that helps

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. They were federal top gun shells. Slayer I have no intention of shooting stell thru it, just a back-up / loaner gun for clays. And lighting20, not a chance

· Registered
865 Posts
take the barrel off.look on the collar where the l/h selector is and you will see a small screw.(u can see it in your pic). un screw it and remove the retainer.inside u will find a plastic seal and a o ring.take them out and call skb. replace w/new ones and u are good to go.i think they r $6.00 or $7.00 ea.when u call skb talk 2 the gunsmith.he may have other ideas.nice guy 2 talk 2.

part #101540,101570.

skb ph# 1-800-752-2767
tracy

· Registered
395 Posts
Two different guns but one of my officers brought a Rem 870 Tactical express to the range when we were qualifying. He was shootnig some elcheapo Dick's sports loads that were made by one of the bigger manufacturers. The steel brass was so thin it expanded to the point where it was getting stuck in chamber. Obviously this wasn't a gas issue it was a brass issue. If you can manually eject the round easily the brass thing wouldn't be the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.