Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a nice trap gun, but my list of wants and my budget($1,000 give or take) have frequently been clashing. But I think I have finally found something to accommodate me the: SKB RS-300. If anybody has experience with this gun or any other SKB autoloaders any help would be greatly appreciated. (Yes, I see the irony in "Mr. Pumpgun" asking about autoloaders lol.) Thanks

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
For $1,000.00 I would probably go in a different direction. Remington synthetic comp. can be had for close to that price or any number of real nice used guns are out there too. Don't much care for made in Turkey guns plus things are very unstable in that part of the world which could result in a parts/service problem. Just my opinion but buy what most pleases you, life is too short. Colonel

·
Sky Buster
4,071 Posts
For $1,000.00 I would probably go in a different direction. Remington synthetic comp. can be had for close to that price or any number of real nice used guns are out there too. Don't much care for made in Turkey guns plus things are very unstable in that part of the world which could result in a parts/service problem. Just my opinion but buy what most pleases you, life is too short. Colonel
If it's stamped "made in Turkey" your wasting your money.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If it's stamped "made in Turkey" your wasting your money.
With all do respect have you ever owned an SKB. I mean no offense I'm just asking because I want to be informed before I spend this kind of money for a trap gun.

Reactions: slide action

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Buy the Remington 1100 synthetic competition. They can be had for 1k if you look around. At least you'll be getting a good automatic that you can get parts for anywhere, forever. SKB would not be my first choice in any configuration. And yes, I'm have owned an SKB.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buy the Remington 1100 synthetic competition. They can be had for 1k if you look around. At least you'll be getting a good automatic that you can get parts for anywhere, forever. SKB would not be my first choice in any configuration. And yes, I'm have owned an SKB.
Thank you, I might have to take a look a local shop has one at a reduced price. Thanks

·
Banned
9,754 Posts
Not saying they aren't ok guns but, they are new on the market and the jury is still out on them. They do have some nice bells and whistles for a semi auto But, that said I would look for a deal on a 1100 or a Beretta 391 . They are tried and true and have been around for awhile plus the fact that parts and service are plentiful. Just my Opinion but since you were asking I gave it. Shoot well!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you gentlemen for responses! I decided to go a different route all together and purchase a guns unlimited exclusive "80-20" BT-99. I would still be interested in what folks have to say, like Slide Action said the jury is still out. Sky Pilot I will have to go read your comments. God Bless!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts