Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at this as a possible gun for myself but know nothing about them other than Ithica [I believe] makes them. Does anyone have any experience with this particular gun?

Thanks John

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm sure that someone will answer up on your Century III question John. I have some experience with the old Ithaca Century from the 70's. However, that would be a different animal than the Century III that you are referring to. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
3 or 4 of them on are youth shooting team have not had any problems with them alot of gun for your money we also have four 90tss they have atendancy to rust were your hand goes on the main block the century III shoots as good as any bt 99 SKB has excellent service also

·
Registered
250 Posts
Bought one at the Grand in Aug. for my 11 yearold boy shoots real nice.. The gun is made real good for the money. POI is about 4inch. at 13 yards it will smoke the target if you do your job.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The new Century III's are made in Turkey to Rob's specs (the owner of SKB and Guns Unlimited in Omaha). Don't be mislead by the ignorance of people who have not handled or shot or owned them. They are very good guns that have been reliable and a great value offering extra features and adjustability and a good trigger for the same $ as a plain BT99. I own one, have shot the heck out of it, and would not hesitate to recommend it.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I have been looking for a new in the Box 85TTR left handed with high grade wood. Is Rob a good one to touch base with on how to find one??

A gun for my son in law!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I gotta say I would love to have a BT-99. But each one I seem to come across is either WAY over priced [As much as new or even more] or beat to hell. SKB Century III Trap Single, Left Hand, Adjustable Comb & Butt Plate is 1295.00 or Browning BT99, Single Shot Trap, Adjustable Comb for 1495.00 with no ADJ Butt Plate. 300.00 may not be much for some but for me [right now] its too much. And who knows what I can get an SKB used for. I also read a lot of NEG reviews because its made in Turkey, but then I read new owner,CNC machined etc etc etc. This is a lot of info and its also very hard to disseminate fact from just plain hate on anything not made in America or Italy. Any more info [facts] would be of great help.

Thanks again John

·
Registered
80 Posts
We bought one (a youth model) for our team at the beginning of last season and it held up great. The gun was shot twice a week for practice by at least one shooter and sometimes multiple shooters and was also shot for numerous competitions without a single problem. I believe two of our shooters also own them and have not had any trouble. In my opinion, it's a lot of gun for the money especially for someone starting out or not having a ton to invest in a gun at the moment. One thing I'm not sure about is the resale on them; I can't believe they will hold their value as well as a BT99.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought one for my son 2 years ago and he has been shooting it ever since without any problems. It is a great value for the adjustability of both length of pull and adjustable comb.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Well I gotta say I would love to have a BT-99. But each one I seem to come across is either WAY over priced [As much as new or even more] or beat to hell. SKB Century III Trap Single, Left Hand, Adjustable Comb & Butt Plate is 1295.00 or Browning BT99, Single Shot Trap, Adjustable Comb for 1495.00 with no ADJ Butt Plate. 300.00 may not be much for some but for me [right now] its too much. And who knows what I can get an SKB used for. I also read a lot of NEG reviews because its made in Turkey, but then I read new owner,CNC machined etc etc etc. This is a lot of info and its also very hard to disseminate fact from just plain hate on anything not made in America or Italy. Any more info [facts] would be of great help.

Thanks again John
Fact: Many of the new SKB SBT guns have been sold including to the young shooters because of their adjustability and perceived value. How many have you seen, read or heard of FOR SALE. As far as Negative comments on any/all Turkish gunmakers, the same was said not too many decades ago about any/all Spanish makers of double shotguns (mainly SxSs), not any more! Some may rival any Italian makers product IMHO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts