Trapshooters Forum banner

SKB 100 SxS 20 Gauge 28" Barrels

1690 8
Ithaca-SKB 100 SxS 20 gauge 3-inch chambered side by side has 28-inch barrels with chokes marked improved cylinder and modified. I believe that the previous owner had the chokes opened and the barrels re-stamped.
Lightly engraved receiver has an extractor and a single selective trigger.
Stock is checkered with a pistol grip cap and an original Ithaca-SKB butt plate. Gun has a walnut checkered splinter forend. Barrel bluing is 95%, (I believe that some of these were done in black chrome and thus show no wear). Receiver bluing is thinning on the bottom from carry. The wood is 90%, showing the normal small marks from hunting, no splits or significant damage. Please see the pictures for actual condition.
I have owned this gun for more than 25 years without any issues.
Price is $950 plus $50 shipping to your FFL from a private owner.
Please PM me with any questions. Payment by Cashiers Check or Money Order is requested.
Thanks for looking.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
858 Posts
Would you please clarify what you believe the chokes to be currently? If opened and re-stamped, can the original stamping be read? To be opened to IC & Mod, the original chokes would have been what, skeet and something? Could you add a photo of the choke stamping? Thanks, Ed

· Premium Member
8,259 Posts
Would you please clarify what you believe the chokes to be currently? If opened and re-stamped, can the original stamping be read? To be opened to IC & Mod, the original chokes would have been what, skeet and something? Could you add a photo of the choke stamping? Thanks, Ed
"To be opened up" to imp cyl/mod would mean the barrel with present choke would have needed to be tighter that it is presently not more opened. Thus, mod/full sounds correct for one of these with 28" tubes.

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe that the 28" barrel version was only available in Mod/Full. And by inspection the original chokes were Mod and Full and crossed out by the gunsmith when opening up the chokes and re-stamping them to Improved Cylinder and Modified.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.