Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, jumped over, to be exact.

She was walking on the road between houses on my mother-in-law's ranch, about a quarter mile apart. Got to the second cattle guard and a bobcat leaped from a low branch right over her head, landed on the ground, and took off like a rocket. The big dog that was with her hid behind her and barked. The smaller dog gave chase.

Sean and I have called this bobcat in before while coyote hunting, but it was out of season and we hadn't renewed our furbearers license anyway. The bobcat has been seen numerous times, and I see its paw prints on the old logging roads and trails on the ranch. We believe it is responsible for the gradual elimination of the chickens in the chicken coop.

·
Molon Labe
11,982 Posts
Bet it scared the shit out of her

Would have me

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or a S&W.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I thought this was going to be a thread about two women fighting. One, a smaller version of a 'cougar' and the other being you SIL. LOL! Glad to hear that you SIL wasn't hurt.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Shame you cant eliminate it just on the basis that its killing your poultry...a marauding pest costing you money

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can't prove it was responsible for the disappearance of the chickens.

We've also had ducks and geese go missing, but those were positively caused by owls, coyotes and an otter. Owls are protected, and otters also require a furbearers license. Coyotes are the main culprits, though. It's possible they might have gotten to the chickens as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.