Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in purchasing a single shot trap gun in full choke for my 12 year old nephew .. A gentlemen loaned us an older single shot break open full choke Beretta at club recently . It actually fit him very well.. Question is , any info on this gun and rarity , price etc. .. ? Also saw a similar single shot CVA online .. Any info on quality of the CVA ... Maybe other manufacture of similar .. Thanks in advance ..

·
Registered
824 Posts
Without the model number of the gun you can't get any useful information. I've never heard of a CVA single shot that was not a muzzle loader.

·
Registered
129 Posts
How did the Beretta open? If it had the break open release under the Breech and in front of the trigger guard similar to a Ljutic it was probably a TR-1 or two. See these in gun shows for $600 range.
Gary Cessna

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
For couple hundred dollars more, you can get a BT-99.

·
Registered
801 Posts
BT99 micro,there sized for a young shooter,and when he out grows it you'll get most of your money back when you resell. whats not to like.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gary , yes a break open as you described .. I'm familiar with bbt-99 and 100's .. I was thinking browning maybe two years down the road if he stays with it ..

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would strongly suggest the BT-99 over that Beretta. Like Steve W. said for a few hundred more, maybe add a Gracoil w/ adj. LOP. He can grow into that I have a TR-1 for back up, I have broken the firing pin, try to find one of those!! I had two machined for $150 and the silver solder broke holding the barrel to the breech. I used an epoxy retention fluid to fix that.

Gary Cessna

·
Registered
348 Posts
Perhaps the Beretta was a UGB?
A BT-99 Micro, designed for kids, small men and women may be the best choice.
Also, there is a Beretta 682 with an upper single barrel... but that is a large gun.

Art

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
recently rebuilt an Ithaca 'Century' SBT. It is almost like a new gun. Top one in the rack. It even has beginners instructions on the barrel. Bulge.

barrelbulge_2008_2108121.jpg

Instructions read' This end towards the target'

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I wouldn't give over $400 for it. This is another specimen that what the book says is irrelevant. Its what someone will give.

·
Registered
109 Posts
perazzi i have a tm1 30" barrel 13 1/8 lop made for short arms like me
12 ga adjustable recoil system this gun was just rebuilt by s&w new springs firing
pin and the latch system was also rebuilt. also stock has a comb excellent shotgun

cant think of ant thing else it could need. i'm only selling i because i want to shoot doubles and 5 stand and i cant do it with a single shot

·
Registered
121 Posts
BT 99 if he does not stay in it you can sell it at the range for most of what you paid. By a used one and you may be able to sell it fir the same price you paid for it. My girl is 5'3 with very short arms. She is a great shot with this. Give him a good gun from the start and he will shot for the rest of his life. Buy him a cheap one and have problems and he will lose interest.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
40+ years ago Beretta made the cheap Trap Special which had a release lever in front of the trigger, and they made this tank of a gun, the MARK II. The latter is easily recognizable because the bbl is 1/10" thick at the muzzle.

Is this what you were loaned?

-Gary

gw22_2008_0303223.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts