Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

SIMPSON racing helemt. Size 7 1/2.
I have used a few times and never crashed or damaged it. Comes in the original box with the original nylon carry bag also.

Has a couple of small scratches on the top and other then that it is perfect.

I paid 250.00 for it but have no use any more.

MAKE ME A GOOD OFFER and we'll make a deal

Motordoc

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW I made a mistake First one this year. I show a picture of Simpson and write Bell. Boy this old age thing is really getting to me.

No Gary driver too tall The scratches were actually from the inside of the car or just moving it around. they are not deep and not bad scratches

I changed the heading to correct my dumb mistake

I do not know the snell rating Where is it.

Made in 1999 and I bought it brand new. Wore it a couple of times when I was racing my viper and it has been in the basement in the box since then

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
When I raced, the Snell rating was only good for 5 yrs..but that was a long time ago...

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The date of manufacture should be stamped on one of the chin straps.

If it was made in 1999, I hate to say this but you're better off keeping it, because of the liability. I wouldn't wear one that old.

·
Premium Member
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It says SNELL 95. I know it is older but it has never been crashed and would make a great protection device around the club or those stray shots form new shooters, or arrogant club members. You could probably use it for motorcycle riding or something else. Not sure if associations accept it for sanctioned racing/??

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
FYI most organized racing organizations require an up to date Snell rating. I have several wall hangers because of this.

For informal events it is certainly much better than nothing and the price is good. Have fun whoever buys it.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Hard hats for work are dated too, just look on the underside of the visor.

Some jobs I was on checked them.

HM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts