Trapshooters Forum banner

Simple things that actually work...

2439 Views 19 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  docbombay
Every now and then you come across something that in one way shape or form, you know there's a better way to do it.

As an example, I was pulling the stock on my 725 and I had a hell of a time trying to get the screwdriver lined up with the slot. It's really easy to get the screwdriver between the edge of the bolt and the stock, which is where I think a lot of people actually crack their stock then say it happened while shooting factory loads. Anyhow, I wrapped the shaft with electrical tape to center it in the hole and voila.

So what words of wisdom do you have to share?
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
5,326 Posts
test the sharpness of an unknown blade on your FINGERNAIL, not your finger. I learrnt this via this process:

katana + karate club idiots = lots of blood and lots of cleaning of my sword, followed by people saying "wow I hardly felt that" as they watched themselves leak.

Stroke the blade gently over your opposite thumbnail.

· Premium Member
2,603 Posts
Every now and then you come across something that in one way shape or form, you know there's a better way to do it.
The most easy way to separate the stock from the receiver after you loosen it is to simply tap the end of the stock bolt screw driver handle with a small hammer and it will push the receiver forward to then slide out.

· Registered
6,255 Posts
When you drop tiny objects, like eye glass screws, lay a flashlight on the floor instead of shining the the beam downward. It’s remarkable what that angle reveals.
I usually find them before I have to resort to that, but then it's an occupational hazard for me, so I get lots of practice. I found a bridge screw I dropped yesterday without even having to get down on my knees, I was both surprised and relieved.

· Registered
2,055 Posts

As an example, I was pulling the stock on my 725 and I had a hell of a time trying to get the screwdriver lined up with the slot. It's really easy to get the screwdriver between the edge of the bolt and the stock, which is where I think a lot of people actually crack their stock then say it happened while shooting factory loads. Anyhow, I wrapped the shaft with electrical tape to center it in the hole and voila.

So what words of wisdom do you have to share?
I find it odd that some 725s have slotted stock bolts where others have allen headed stock bolts

· What squad am I on?
TriStar TT15
8,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I find it odd that some 725s have slotted stock bolts where others have allen headed stock bolts
And from my experience, those with the hex come with a wrench. I'd be curious to know if the GU 725 combos are all slotted? Not that it really matters...

As a side note...

Aside from stock bolts, what other simple things have you guys come up with?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.