Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one would you buy? Looking for a gun for the grandson, but he’s just a little guy and I need to shoot it for a few years to make sure its okay.

But really is either one better. I am looking for a high POI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Which one would you buy? Looking for a gun for the grandson, but he’s just a little guy and I need to shoot it for a few years to make sure its okay.

But really is either one better. I am looking for a high POI.
Perazzi i cant say enough good things about them

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
@sujumanji said it best. 2 totally different animals. I personally would give the kid a clunker TM1 or MX3 and see if he likes the sport before dropping $5K-$8K on a 15 or SS.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I have owned both and they are totally different animals. A titanium Seitz kicks like a mule, even with a Prosoft. Perazzi is more intuitive but you have to like unsingles.

I tested a fixed rib 35” Seitz in Wisconsin and it was the softest shooting Seitz I’ve shot. But with those you need to know what POI you want.

Get what you want and get the grandson a Beretta auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
How do they differ?
1. Perazzi is an unsingle, Seitz is a topsingle.
2. Perazzi can be made into a combo, Seitz can’t.
2a. While the MX-15 has two firing mechanisms, Perazzi doesn’t make an O/U barrel that truly matches up to the unsingle barrel in terms of rib height and POI. You can get it close but it won’t be a true combo.
3. MX-15 has one standard rib height, Seitz has about 10 different options.
4. Seitz is roughly twice the cost of the MX-15
5. In terms of point-ability and shoot-ability they are completely different feeling guns.
6. As pointed out above, you can get a Seitz with a titanium (not a fan, stay away) or steel receiver option.
7. One is made in Italy and the other in Maryland.
8. Factory stock options are very, very different.

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Seitz has an extremely fast and lite trigger, many shooters can't handle it. So shoot it as much as you can before you buy. Having owned different Perazzis and two different Seitz I wouldn't even consider a Perazzi. If you are just using your grandson as a reason to do it then go for it.

Don

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have owned two Seitz. They are built like a tank and will not be breaking down. Fantastic trigger but like big don said they are fast. All you got to do is get Richie to set the trigger for u. He can do anything with the trigger u desire. There is a real good chance you will need to get him to fix it to the speed you need. There is always some for sale on this sight. Check them out. U cannot wear one out, you will not have to be buying another trigger like u will for the p gun or be putting new springs in them all the time.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have a titanium Seitz with Prosoft (which I bought on this site) which does not ‘kick like a mule’.
Must be how the stock fits.

TJ

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I spent the better part of a morning (in 2018) test firing the Seitz - with pull and release triggers - at The Grand. The firing was intuitive with both triggers (targets seemed smashed before I released/pulled the trigger) and the recoil didn't bother me at all. It was a flawless experience and I started to save my coin. The plan was to complete the deal at the 2020 Grand but something interfered. Since the test day, I've reverted back to a pull trigger. I also tested a couple of other SBTs that week - a Krieghoff KX 6 and a Perazzi MX2000. The Seitz was my absolute favorite.

Two weeks ago an older Perazzi TM1 fell into my lap. It has a pull trigger and fits. For now, the Seitz is on hold but not forgotten. Maybe 2021?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I have a titanium Seitz with Prosoft (which I bought on this site) which does not ‘kick like a mule’.
Must be how the stock fits.

TJ
You don't think the Prosoft recoil reducing stock has anything to do with the light recoil?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I’ve owned both, very different guns as has been said. Had several Seitz guns over the past 25yrs, both steel and titanium. I prefer the titanium to keep weight down. With dense wood the gun still weighs over 9 pounds. Recoil has never been an issue for me with them, and I shoot lots of Nitros and AASH shells for 27yd caps. Triggers are worlds better than anything else I’ve owned, point like a dream. Best part is they never need an annual or new trigger springs or any other costly maintainence.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Funny you should post this. I got my first Seitz with an MX-15 trade-in. I still shoot a Seitz & so does my wife (I had four & wife has had two). I went through two MX-15s. Unless you want doubles get the Seitz. Might as well have the best. Besides you can not make an MX-15 into a combo and have matching rib heights with any factory O/U barrels. I tried two times and it can not be done.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts