Trapshooters Forum banner

Silver Seitz Opinion - Bought it - Thanks Everyone!

5153 37
If you are an owner or previous owner and can take the time I would greatly value you opinion. Good, bad or other.
An older gentleman who is trustworthy and in earlier years was an outstanding shooter from the club is selling his, single barrel, fixed choke. I'll be shooting it on Thursday.
Thank you for your time.
JR
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
I love mine! Can't think of one thing bad to say about the way it feels and shoots. Mine is single barrel choke tubed with the number 1 rib.

· Registered
727 Posts
I tried one shot one round with it. It was light but was told by Chris vendal they make a weight for the forearm and was told to come to any shoot they are at and shoot one some moor. The best release i ever shot.

· Premium Member
790 Posts
I’ve had 3 of them. As stated above… simply the best release trigger I’ve ever felt. NEVER once did I think this thing could blow up. Just the opposite ! I actually wonder what one could take before it even loosened it up a bit. Ritchie, from Seitz is first class and goes above and beyond to help if you need anything. Most of the dedicated single barrel trap guns could probably all say the same thing. I just think the Seitz is the most beautiful out of all of them hands down.

· Registered
1,221 Posts
I’ve owned virtually every brand. Once I bought my 33” single barrel Seitz, everything else pales in comparison. I then bought a Silver Seitz O/U titanium 32” to go with my top single. Thus titanium O/U weighs within ounces of my top single. Best trigger ever and Richie Phillips at SS is superb to work with.

· Registered
1,008 Posts
I have owned two of them. Great gun if you can shoot them. I was not able to shoot either one of them. My scores went way up as soon as i quit shooting either one of them. well built guns and Richie does great work. Not everyone can shoot them. There triggers are good but not near as good as the one in the Alfermann. Most folks do not realize the Alf trigger is better because there are only 300 of them in the world. If you ever get a chance to try an Alf trigger you will see what I am telling you. If you can shoot it, buy it. But, they are not for everyone. Indiana Gun Club has at least 15 used ones for sale at the grand and will probably have them at the Cardinal Center next week.

· Registered
160 Posts
Took mine to Rich two days ago for a service. Mines built 2013 a 7** series gun 35” fixed choke #1 rib. Told him whatever it needs do it. Said he could have it done at the end of day or 10am the next mornin, told him 10am would be fine. Showed up with check book in hand to pay the bill. What’s the cost? Nada,, zero everything still good nothing needs replaced. Not a dime for his time. Feeling like I was stealing,, (mine came with an americase) I asked if he had a Negrini, he did without logo. He discounted that from what a normal price would go for and I bought it. Impressed is all I can say..

Red

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.