Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with a Silver Seitz O/U. I realize they are not very common and can be quite expensive. I have only seen one and have never had the pleasure of shooting one. Never even spoke with anyone who has one. I am familiar with the singles model, I currently shoot one with a release and my wife shoots one with a pull trigger for a few years. I am very impressed with the quality of these guns and considering the O/U for doubles. Any info, comments or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Cyrus

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
I know several people who bought one, all but one dumped them. Ask Nora Ross what she thinks about the gun.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
178 Posts
Not sure whether either of the previous responders owned a Seitz OU. I owned 007 which I purchased very "slightly" used. It had double release triggers when I acquired and Richie had a tough time getting pull triggers to work. It took several trips back to him to get them right. Then while shooting a doubles marathon, I went to load and saw the two barrels were "flopping" around as the front barrel hangar had come loose. Again a trip back to the factory to fix the problem.

I really liked the gun and shot good scores with it. I did not find the gun overly heavy even with the 32" barrels. I can see where a small framed man or a female shooter might have trouble with the weight.

Unlike 635 G, I wish I had the gun back!

·
Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80...
560 Posts
I have shot a couple of them. They seem heavy to me. I live in Md where they are made and havent seen anybody shooting it well. The single bbl is a different story. The titanium model weighs less but cost even more. Its your money ...do what is best in your interest.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Check with Chris Vendel in Rochester, NY. He shoots one and his record with it speaks for itself!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very informative, interesting and helpful replies. I sincerely appreciate and value your comments. If anyone else has any additional thoughts, please share your opinions. Thanks Cyrus,

·
Registered
823 Posts
The gun looks like it would weigh a ton, but after handling one, it really is a marvel - excellent balance. The single barrel model is good, as you're aware, handling and feeling as imagined. Conversely, the O/U felt very good, deceptively light.

A test drive should be available at one of the larger shoots. Good luck.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have the pleasure of owning #27T. I initially owned stainless # 47. There are only 35 or so gun made. The stainless is heavier by about 1 pound over the Ti model. I traded it to a gentleman who had #27T, as he wanted the heavier model. My Titanium O/U with 32 adj rib weighs exactly the same as my 35" stainless single. I only shot 200-400 doubles a year, so I really can't recommend how well it shoots. Chris Vendel & Cody Davis shoot them very well. Several years ago, the Seitz O/U placed 1,2 &3 at the Pa State doubles championship. If you are located anywhere near Pgh, PA, you are more than welcome to try mine. Butch from Pgh

·
Registered
315 Posts
Butch, Nice of you to offer a round on your Silver Seitz O/U. I've met the nicest people on TS.com.

The Silver Seitz reminds me of the Ljutic. The factory made improvements to the earlier Bi-Gun. Silver Seitz and Ljutic are "boutique" brands from all-American companies. You might try comparing the Silver Seitz O/U to the Ljutic O/U before you buy. I sure would like to!

Kim Z.

PS. If you scroll down on Facebook's Ljutic page, there is a photo of the newest Ljutic O/U prototype.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kim, I agree. I have an updated Ljuctic LM O/U. It is a great gun. I also use a Mono Gun for my singles backup. I really think Ljuctic produces an excellent product with great customer service and it's made in the USA! However, the Seitz trigger is something special to me, I like how my singles gun balances, and I perfer a heavier gun in general without having to use add on weights. Thank you for your comments, we think alike. Regards. Jeff

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
635 g....I agree with you about Chris. Been watching him shoot since 1980 or so and he is something. I have had the chance to get into a few shoot offs with him and the results were predictable! :( That was a very nice article on him in Trapshooting USA. Did you see it?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bob, I did not catch the article about Chris. Would you happen to know what issue it was in. Thanks for your interest and comments. Jeff

·
Registered
809 Posts
Kim, The offer extends to you also, if you like to get it a try. I get around to quite a few shoots in the PA/OH area. Just let me know. Butch

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Cyrus, the article on Chris is in the Jan-Feb issue for 2014. Chris works with Seitz and knows his way around them inside and out. Of course, he has been that way with any gun he has shot as he is a very good gunsmith. If you don't know him, he is a gentleman and a true ambassador for the sport.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks Butch. I don't get over to the east, especially with the freezing weather there. I'm in Southern California and it's in the 70's temperature wise now. Let me know if you ever come out in my area so that I can shoot with you and take you out to dinner. I shoot very early Ljutics and a 1964 Browning Superposed.

Kim Z.

·
Registered
809 Posts
It's -3 right now. A little too cold to shoot, even by eastern standards. I'll track you down if I ever get out west.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts