Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike a number 1 rib is almost flat . It goes flat-1-2-and 2 1/2 the 2 1/2 being the high rib . a number 2 is about like a BT-100 . Motor that is not a number 1 rib it look to be the high rib (2 1/2 )

KEYBEAR

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am engraving a Silver Seitz at this time for a man. I couldn't believe how hard the stainless was to cut. On calling the fact. in Md. , I found out the hardness registers 40 on the C scale Rockwell ! This is one of the toughest guns to along with a Win. mod. 21. Off hand, I'd say this gun should last a number of lifetimes. Ken

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mr. Mike ---- you ar SOOO right about this Seitz Not wearing out. This action has the tightest tolerancea due to top level machining and engraving it requires a momax cobalt tool and this even wears out easily. For my money the Seitz with its 40 "C" scale rockwell is the strongest action available ----- welll, at least until your new Cole is completed. Looks like I had better start making up some new tools out of tungsten carbide --- I'm going to need them. Ken

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry I gave you the wrong E-mail address. I am still interested in the specifics of the Seitz. LOP, Cast, Toe? Thanks, Mike Reilly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.