Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had some good questions. My knowledge is very limited. I forwarded the questions to Pete for answers. My Father, Ikey Starks had quite a collection of guns that Pete, a close family friend here in Denver is helping us sell. We sold the Seitz gun a few weeks ago, but the buyer only wanted one barrel. We are now selling the second barrel. I have attached another picture.

Scott Starks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PM's are tough to forward to Pete. It will be easier if you can email me direct with questions and I can forward them to Pete. Thanks!
Scott Starks

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hey guys thanks for all your replys & questions about the Seitz barrel...I owned & shot almost every trapgun but never a Seitz so I know very little about them...Please google Seitz for their tele #...You can see the ser# in the photo...I'm sure they can answer all your questions...I assure you this is a pristine barrel worth way more than the price you see.... Again thanks & good shooting..............Pete

·
Registered
704 Posts
What is the max POI this barrel can be adjusted? Also, what does "choked .018/032" mean? Just guessing it means there are two choke tubes with the barrel and one is .018" and the other is .032". Tom

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hoofta! I should have done more research before I listed this. I am sorry for the confusion and THANK YOU to all who have emailed me with guidance. I appreciate all of your knowledge and thank you for kindly offering it to me with out being rude.
The Barrel was part of a set. Pete measured the barrels Ser. 530 and 530A to be .032 on the 530 and .018 on the 530A barrel. We sold the gun two weeks ago and the buyer only wanted one barrel, the 530 barrel .032.

I am now attempting to sell the second barrel. I will call Seitz to verify this. Sorry I posted without knowing more.

Thank you to all who have helped guide me to this point! The readers on TS are some of the most knowledgable people I have ever met. They all helped me without hammering me for my ignorance, THANK YOU!

Scott Starks

·
Registered
14,582 Posts
Scott, it would also be good to know the bore diameter. It will tell potential buyers if the bore was changed, or if it could be bored larger to create a tighter choke. .018 choke will have limited desire.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whew... I got the following email from Rich from Seitz about the barrel. Hope this clears things up...

It was made 2006 with .741 backbore and.018 choke

Thanks, Rich Phillips

Silver Seitz

19200 Middletown Rd

Parkton,Md 21120

Ph 410-329-6801

Fx 410-357-5916

www.silverseitz.com

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for all for the interest in the Seitz barrel. The value for anything is what the market will pay. I received numerous offers in the 1200-1300 range. I guess that is the true value. With the help of Pete, I am selling Dad’s guns and equipment for my Mother. Because of Pete’s reputation, I was able to receive one offer from a regular that was above the rest. I accepted that offer today.
This barrel is sold pending funds!
Thanks Pete,
Scott Starks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.