Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no better spot in Florida to shoot.

Although I've never shot there I hear its great.

Barry Kemper

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I just looked at the Silver Dollar web-site. Members $5.50 Non-Members $7.50

Not at all out of line. You can pay members prices in Tucson of $7.00 (or not) Member Owned

If you are going to dance you must pay the fiddler

Silver Dollar is one of the best places to shoot in the country. Matters not who owns them.

JP

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Geez, read up on how to use the "Caps Lock" key on your keyboard. It is very annoying to have someone whine about a trap club but to do it all in CAPS is even worse.

If you don't want to shoot there, don't.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Not a bad place to play and shoot. Lots of good places to eat around there too. Now all you need to do is try to see if you can put up with all them old wrinkled up snow birds down there. LOL

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
Big dog you are acting like a whinee little pup. You better get a new sign on name as you sure as hell aren't a big dog.

Don

·
Registered
696 Posts
Been there, done that (several times) and am looking forward to going again for the Grand next month, the one in March and the state shoot too. Woody

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
From what I was told last week, things are looking good for the Dollar to increase it's size a great deal.. which would allow many more people to enjoy the facility and all it has to offer!!

I think it's fantastic that "ELS CORP OUT OF CHICAGO" wants to invest a boat load of money into the sport that I love so much!!

BIGDOGS .. Maybe you should check them out .. you might want to invest some of that money you don't want to spend on practice...

http://www.google.com/finance?cid=656889

·
Registered
488 Posts
You won't be disappointed Mac. I am definitely going again in March and am trying to work out January. Good people running the show down there, from the head honcho to the folks cleaning the restrooms. You will have a good time, if you go. Jerry Bryant, what are local tempertures down there now???????????

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Just rented a spot for my RV thru Mar. Will be shooting a bunch between now and then. BigPup most all clubs here in Fl give discounted rates for members. Registered are same price for everyone. The dollar normally allows non members to shoot practice at member rates during tournaments. Whats your beef? Jake

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
It's FLORIDA....
Welcome to Paradise..!!
If you want to come play here...it will COST you. Most tourist/recreation related businesses down here will tell you by their actions or words...If that's a problem, stay home and make room for someone else who will pay.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Lots of great folks run the Dollar and even Mike is pretty good to by a gun from.He gets me on a pistol about every year.They are looking at expanding the trap line the last I heard to get it all on the Trap Club site and away from the Golf coarse.As I said I heard,not facts.

One of the great places to have a good time shooting and meeting up with good friends.

Terry Dean

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I will be going in March for the Southern Grand, which will be my first trip to the Silver Dollar. There are a number of folks from the area where I live that go there every year. I think that, as noted above, that the member rates are significantly cheaper than non-member rates. According to the web site the cost of the annual membership is $95. I think that is fairly reasonable, if you are going to be there for an extended visit. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have to agree with Pipe Layer, an excellent venue! Florida weather , flora and fauna, fresh strawberries in early spring and a great trapshooting facility.

Was always treated well, reasonable target prices, guns for sale or trade and nice scenery. Only been twice but hope to return!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Straight50

Weather is a crap shoot this time of year.. I'm a bit south of the SD, it was 85 today.. but the high tomorrow is expected in the upper 50's. January and Feb are not our best month.

By the time the Southern Grand and State shoots roll around things calm down and you normally have pretty good weather.

Either way.. bring warm clothes, a swim suit and lots of sun screen!!

Jerry B

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Been going there over 25 years and wouldn't miss it again this year. I always enjoy my conversations with Jerry B, BIGDON, George and Greta. Of course, continuing my close, personal relationship with Terry D is always high on my list. Wife, Tammy, seems to have sufficiently recovered from her accident and promises to be a threat. She's back at the gym, working out again and getting ready for a battle.

If the weather turns bad there's always the 4PM daily board meeting in the club with Sig S.. What's not to like!!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
woohoooo... I'm moving up in this world, I made the Dawg's short list !!

Thanks buddy, travel safe, I look forward to our visit!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts